Realistically how overpopulated is demon hunter?

I’m on Area 52 horde if it matters. Just how overpopulated is demon hunter? Is it as bad as bm hunter?

DH is the least represented class in the entire game

2 Likes

Surely you are joking

WoW Census - Wowpedia - Your wiki guide to the World of Warcraft (fandom.com)

Looks like monk is slightly less now, but this chart is still showing #2 least played class. so no, im not joking.

In pvp it def is the least represented class. Just enter a BG and see for yourself.

1 Like

“…and don’t call me Shirley”

-Dr. Rumack (Leslie Nielsen)

Sorry, couldn’t let a great quote go un-quoted.

4 Likes

Ah I probably should’ve specified that I don’t really PVP. I’m looking at it from a PVE perspective. I see many demon hunters on my realm (Area 52 Horde)

lol i was THIS close to that response! The chart is a bit old, but its close. DH isnt that commonly played as you’d think OP.

Fun is subjective, I know, but to me its such a fun class. Its strange that not many play it. Could just be inflated on your realm for some odd reason. Dunno.

You might just be seeing alts. It’s a fun class but has been a lower level dps and tank spec since early legion. It’s a great class though but more twitchy and spammy than most. Think fury warrior with more mobility.

Plus most long term players default back to their mains. Let’s see how it shakes out after launch. Havoc might be a strong dps and tank class unless they nerf it so maybe we’ll see more.

Also, raids usually only need 1 DH. They don’t bring much utility. In casual heroic it’s fine, they do good dps and tanking so bring as many as you like. But in competitive mythic guilds, you’d probably only see 1.

1 Like

Its only over populated when its fotm. Other than that its not over populated at all.

1 Like

There are places you can go and look up population charts of classes. But then you would question if they are accurate or not because of people switching mains and alts and what not. But those fotm chasers have at least one of every class ready.

That’s not people who actually raid or m+. Looking at raiding and M+ stats DH usually the 2nd or 3rd most played spec. Havoc is OP.

BUT Havoc is one of the most popular specs in the game coming in at #4