Real problems

A dev once said publicly (2016) that less than half the playerbase of WoW does any one thing: PvP, Mythic, Raiding, BGs, pet battles, professions, etc. There is nothing “most players” do.

The other side of that is that many of us players mostly do 1 or 2 things.

In Classic I don’t do BGs. So all of these problems in AV (the 1.12 game combined with 2019 players) don’t mean much to me. But there are probably lots of players who ONLY or MOSTLY play AV, and for those players these are huge problems.

Everyone has a different opinion about what Blizzard “should” do. I understand #nochanges, but I think there are huge problems. So I have no opinion. All I can say is I hope AV gets better somehow.

4 Likes

I promise it will be better when they release Arathi Basin.

I have a change for AV that would fix everything and would not violate #nochanges. Just give us the AV the vast majority asked for in the first place. I would even accept Korrak’s revenge, as that is far more authentic than what we have now.

1 Like

I would like it, but that will not actually change anything.

AV was never super popular in vanilla, its queue times always sucked
until it was nerfed to death (And still sucked compared to WSG)

AV was only popular here, because people figured out a way to cheese things to assemble fast zerg teams.
Once blizzard began trying to rectify that, it dropped off.

An AV built around the concept of 1.5 era AV, but with NPCs tuned to compete VS 1.12 era geared toons wont be widely popular, and so wont be heavily queued.

I will like, You will like it, but we are all of 2 people, there will be 200 other people saying screw that, too hard, HpH sucks, etc.
And so it sill still queue like crap, especially for horde, simply because more horde queue in general, than alliance

AV is popular here because without the myriad of npc’s, land mines and obstructions that were present before this version, AV took a long time. It was the least efficient way to farm honor so people only played it for reputation and because they actually enjoyed playing the bg.

Go dig around a bit and you can find the thread where they announced they were going to use this version of AV. It ended up being a couple thousand pages of people begging for an earlier version. That is NOT 1 out of 100 sir, probably the other way around.

That was kind of a meaningless OP, wasn’t it?

“Hey everyone, there’s a problem that everyone knows about, but I don’t have an opinion!”

4 Likes

Not really, only if operating under the assumption that the forum even remotely represent the PB as a whole, but it does not, never has and never will.

By the forums (original ones) one would think AV was not terribly hated back in 2005/2005, but the PB wide non forum view was different.

I though it was great (i hated wsg, no fun)
But i’d be just a teeny weenie minority that just happened to participate in the games forums, something most of the PB does not do.
My visible voice might look like the majority, but underneath everything the only thing it was is visible and never majority at all.

That is why they began nerfing down AV in the 1st place.
Feedback via other channels, channels where i can not make 300 posts on 20 alt identities

Yes, this is a great game until PvP comes in to the equation. It’s a shame PvP is dragging it down.

1 Like

I think I will, because that’s how samples work.

You are in for a terrible letdown then

We are not a random sample. We are a self-selecting group, and the majority of us only log onto the forums to complain.

2 Likes

AV will never get better as long as they are using the terrible 1.12 version of AV.

Literally none of these problems would be happening if they went with a real version of AV that actually represented AV how it was in classic.

Non 1.12 AV lasted on average 4-8 hours per game.
It was impossible to zerg, there were far to many heavy hitting npcs, the only way to move forward was to push together as a team, it was a truly epic pvpve expetience.

Pre 1.12 AV also had black lotus spawn in the middle that would spawn every hour so to all the people complaining about the lack of lotus remember you used to be able to farm them in AV and Dire maul.

Just more examples on how badly 1.12 screws up the game and detracts from ab authentic vanilla experience.

AB will not fix the PVP issues presented by faction imbalance.

Players will find a way to QQ, be it the Horde or the Alliance, they will QQ over something.

In AB you will see Endless QQ from Horde Rogues because of an alleged OP Human racial that ruins the map for them.

While I can sympathize with their plight on my Orc Rogue, it’s just the way it is… The fact that my Rogue will RNG resist 75% of an enemy rogue’s cheap shots is also game breaking. The fact that my buddies UD rogue has what amounts to double trinkets is game breaking… Will of the Forsaken for the most part does everything the PVP trinket does; only better and more frequently.

Flip side this again, and Dwarf rogues are insanely powerful VS other rogues, because Stone form is so freaking OP I can’t even begin to describe how damn good it is… It’s the only trinket in game VS blind, and clears rupture; that’s hella strong.

Nelf rogues are hella annoying because they get +5 Stealth, that’s basically 2 points into MoD (improved stealth) for free giving them options for either better stealth or other talent allocations for PVP.

I can continue along this path for both factions for all the classes, but this brief exploration of racials will paint a picture of things and QQ’s to come.

1 Like

Nope. The problem with AV isn’t the version of it, the problem is cross realm battlegrounds and the whole “honor per hour” garbage meta.

So was Molten Core in greens back in 2004, yet that’s happening in classic.

Hasn’t let me down yet, but I appreciate your concern!

Yep, 1.12 nerfs/talents/item buffs make MC redundant.

It surprises me no one questions why rag has a P2 that even the most casual guilds easily bypass, there is no way the og developers screwed up boss tuning that bad, especially when you consider back in the day it was normal to see ragnaros submerge multiple times in a fight.

The trolls here use crap excuses like “players are better now” “its because of min/max” but that doesn’t change the fact you could take a full raid of green raiders in meme specs and still be able to bypass submerge.

1 Like

Exactly because players are better and they mix/max more than any casual ever did in vanilla.

I went ahead and gave it a Like just because he acknowledged both sides, didn’t confuse his subjective preference for the optimal solution, and was civil. Miles ahead of most posts here.

I dont know that i would toss out the word “better”

min/max more sure.
Better is subjective, we walked in the door to stuff blind, with no info or data to go research or anything and had to make up as we went along what would possibly work best.

If something was figured out a bit, it tended not to be shared and was guarded as a guild secret.

We also started out (release) and went on for a number of patches, with what might be laughed at now as talents gear and abilities.
But that is what we had, so of course we made do with it.

Much less informed would be accurate, but i don’t know that better exactly fits.