Re: Hotfix Nov 21, 2022 -- Prot Pally Edition

I just read these in the update notes. Could we please get an update on when actual game breaking talent bugs will be fixed?

Hammer of the Righteous talent still doesn’t work as intended / as tool tip states (range isn’t increased), and Bulwark of Order doesn’t provide any healing outside % of auto attack damage.

Furthermore, can we please talk about pure future issue with healing post HP/ incoming DMG buff at lv 70 and how it will impact our healing/survivability which already sucks and feels bad being on the GCD, along with some of our other defensives: Bubble, BoP, Eye of Tyr, and our divine steed (mobility spell).

I think bubble and boo are fine when cast in self, but maybe take bop off GCD when cast on others, and please remove EoT, steed, and our heal from gcd.

Some of these things just feel bad being on the GCD when other classes with similar defensives and mobility are off the GCD: see https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/paladins-and-the-gcd/1406822/12

I do hope we hear some new info soon on fixes to current and ongoing issues that seem to be sitting on the sidelines.

Edit: I don’t even know why I post here… no Dev has responded since Feb 2019. #PaladinsDeserveBetter

6 Likes

Don’t worry the brigade in this forum will come reassure you that prot is great and it’s a you issue.

5 Likes

Uhhh pretty sure every paladin thinks the class is isn’t in a great spot, not sure which forums you thought you were posting on…

3 Likes

There is like 2 or 3 strong R word type fellas that assure you that Avenger Shield not generating HoPo is a fan friggin tastic change. And that Prot Pally will beeeee the beeest taaaank because its sooo fuuuun.
Except its currently the weakest tank in beta by a margin higher than 30%.

6 Likes

I totally agree, even in high keys currently they feel bad with the changes. Additionally, with AS not providing shielding as intended, we are super squishy.

Even with the AS nerf, I’m still able to cap SotR uptime to 13 seconds, I just can’t press AS like I want, which feels BAD. Now there decreasing our AoE damage further with a 10-50% damage nerf to Bulwark of righteous Fury damage.

This class is just feeling worse and worse to play.

Edit:

It appears with today’s patch that this was corrected and now works.
Will have to check other talents.

1 Like

It’s actually possible to have different opinions, especially without insulting people.
Also if you’re gonna use numbers give some data. A 30% margin? By what? Dps? Survivability? Self healing? Or are you actually trying to say prot pallies as a whole are 30% less effective as tanks compared to others. Cause I’d love to see that math.

3 Likes

No one is arguing that it was a good change. The argument on the other side is saying that regardless of the change, Protection Paladins are still viable and solid as a tank.

We already established that you have zero interest in PvE content and also that you have zero experience in PvE content. So do your self a favor and stick to PvP.

He openly admitted to not being a PvEer. He is a classic I think I know, but I don’t case.

Classy /s

1 Like

lmao straight facts. its true every thread about how bad prot is looking, they immediately come and say “nu uh”

2 Likes

No it isn’t lmao

1 Like

Last I checked the past several threads had the doom squad call us out before we planned to get involved.

From experience I can tell prot isn’t going to be as bad as everyone thinks. Same thing when prot was getting switched to Holy Power and everyone cried it was going to be ruined and unplayable going into SL.
I can’t recall how many people I tried telling that prot would be able to heal significantly more from the design changes, but many people kept saying the change to HP would ruin prots tanking/healing ability. Then we had prot pallies literally able to heal dungeons and arena matches. Exactly like I said.

Yeah just so you know, Monks healing got buffed by 60%.
Turns out I was right, Paladin is currently the defacto weakest tank in DF. However, Blizzard would literally need to be BRAINDEAD, comatose effectively, to not buff WOG by at least 40%.
Honestly its a 50/50 flip to me, I no longer have any trust in Blizzard.
But if you read “60% buff to self-healing” and not think this level of balancing issues is a huge mockery, I don’t know what to say. A 60% buff should not be happening at all in T minus 5 days, and yet that has happened to both druid and monks. Paladins dead last, but again I personally fully expect a WOG buff by around those margins.

3 Likes

I personally hope that AS generates hp because of that nerf so we can freely use more WoG heals quantity vs quality. Maybe add a prot only talent to make it off gcd then I don’t see an issue personally

2 Likes

I don’t see Paladins receiving this level of creativity this expansion, outside of a total system rework.

1 Like

Well. 2 of my 4 changes I requested, not bad.
Dusk and Dawn has increased by 5 seconds and WOG is buffed by 40%
That just proves I was always right, about everything.
Shame they didn’t revert the AS nerf, unnecessary and very clunky.

3 Likes

That’s too much blizzard only cares a little bit

1 Like

That’s not true. The devs certainly care and I along with maximum and bellular gaming and some others believe that the paladin talent trees were being developed a little later then some of the other classes and blizzard most likely reallocate resources to tuning and balance and such to get DF ready by launch. Blizzard already made it clear that they will be continually keeping an eye on the classes and keep working on talents as the expansion goes on.
I personally believe paladins are likely to get some big changes shortly after the initial launch of DF.

3 Likes

I agree… life is much better when one assumes positive intent.

2 Likes

told ya! the brigade arrived as I predicted.

3 Likes

Now thats some serious copium.
Face it, Paladins are set in stone for this expansion. At least we managed to climb back to C rating with the WOG change.

2 Likes