RDF - Your Experience

I’ll have to check it out tomorrow due to time. I logged in quick to pick up the quest - kind of made me go wtf there’s this beta and alpha in the finder that was never in original.

I’m super excited for this.

The leveling process just got waaaay better

2 Likes

So the inauthentic systems that the Classic team added to Wrath don’t work right with an actual Wrath system? :wink:

1 Like

what does their class have to do with it? Isnt dungeon finder random?

You can choose your role. So if you are a class capable of tanking or healing, you can choose that role, and you can get faster queues.

What do people mean by pauses? There should never be a pause in the system, that sounds like a bug 100%.

Average wait time: 4 minutes.

After 8 min: Paused.

After 14 min: Paused.

16 min: Your group is ready. Its Nexus.

16.25 min: Two players have left, requeue.

16.5 min: Two new players join, one of them and one new player leave. Requeue.

17.5 min: new players join, buff up, go

AN is still a PITA.

The big issue is the lower iLvl for entry into Betas. Feel like they should nerf Alpha and Beta mob HP by at least 20%; keep Gamma ‘as is’.

Or

Go the route of FF14 and have a bonus Damage and Health buff that stacks each full wipe (all 5 members release); 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 / 10 -percent. Stacking with the Luck of the Draw. Again, does not function in Gamma.

…it’s older content. No reason to keep it ‘up there’ on the difficulty scale for those likely bringing lesser geared alts (or the rare ‘new player’).

24 minutes and a few hiccups later, I’m up a level and a half with no quests. Although I did have a fat stack of rested exp, that’s still not bad at all

1 Like

Can’t wait to get back in the fight

:rofl: So just like it worked in original wotlk… wait until the hype slows down and people quit again. DPS are going to have a very extremely long wait in the queue and you’re still going to come to the forums complaining about it when you asked for RDF in the first place and were in denial about anything else.

1 Like

Even in wrath, I never waited more than 30 minutes for a random. Specific queues were a bit longer.

The other thing is that there are more modes with different ILVL requirements and that further dilutes the pool of players

1 Like

Yeah your memory is faulty because every dps came to the forums complaining about the wait back then just like you’re in denial now. You’re going to end up waiting 45 minutes or longer. Guaranteed.

it’s very buggy…unless blizz messed up and made it server only, with benedictions population…if your allie your q times should be hella short, i’m on grob and its like 30+ min wait

I wouldn’t be surprised if they messed up and it’s not region wide and only searches for people on your server, has anyone even got into a group yet?

i’m having long q times as a healer lol and it randomly pauses and makes u re q

No you’re wrong. I remember specific queues taking a while especially for the non-ICC dungeons.

based on these feedbacks it seems that RDF is either bugged or the game is basically dead. hope its the first one.

Is this cope? Literally no reasonable person was under any illusion DPS queues wouldn’t be bad after a few weeks

As for the post you responded to…Did you even read it? I said I’m queuing as a healer, not a dps, and the queue is clearly bugged with it constantly pausing and resetting the group

Everyone immediately talks about endgame ques but what about leveling…

I just got qued to a dungeon 8 levels below me, that was already cleared. So when I left i got deserter and cant que for 30 mins…

goodbye to re-running dungeons, leaving dalaran for any reason, any sort of life or community.

hello slot machine mode, rip classic

1 Like

Why not both Har Har Har!

Seriously too early to tell tbh.

There’s a lot of action with people leveling up which is encouraging.

Dps queues are always bad btw. This is a fact of life and was never going to change with rdf.

People had seriously over inflated expectations of what the RDF could achieve if they thought otherwise.

It’s a convenience that, that’s all it is. Do other stuff while you queue.