RDF please

Please give us RDF in WOTLK like it was before when wow was a great game.

86 Likes

Explain why you think it’s necessary. I can agree it is from 1-70 normal dungeons currently but shouldn’t a problem til maybe phase 2 for 70-80 dungeons. Hell add in heroics in phase 3. Seems sensible to me.

4 Likes

You don’t want RDF. You think you do, but you don’t.

4 Likes

We do want LFD, you think we don’t, but we do.

20 Likes

because it was in wrath, it provides options as far as play style, it limits the ability to gate keep, it limits the opportunities for toxicity, its convenient for those with extremely busy schedules that still want to play wow, its very efficient for guilds who 5 man up and que, it allows for friendly tanks and healer to que up when their guild isnt occupied to give dps extra runs, it makes it easy to meet great people without waiting hours in que, when you que up you dont wait hours only to drop into a group already frustrated due to wait times.

and as far as the social aspect… we live in a culture where with your cell phone you never have to actually talk to anyone to live your life. you can order delivery where you have no contact with the driver, you can order goods that get left on your porch by amazon, you can pay your bills, and so on, you can do most things on your phone that you used to have to do in person. this culture doesnt want social interaction.

12 Likes

i was super pro rdf but then i just got level 80 and realized how little i’d actually use it

i now realize it doesnt matter

so it wouldnt matter to you if its in or not

9 Likes

na. shouldnt be a big deal to anyone

1 Like

it tends to be a huge deal to those on small population realms, its a huge deal to those with very limited play time for various reasons, its huge to me because i loved rdf, had very positive experiences with it, built a guild from it. unlike the current hot garbage of LFG which ive had very few positive experiences with.

15 Likes

lfg is fine tbh. people are just slandering it because they want rdf.

u get bad ppl in rdf
u get bad ppl in lfg
bad ppl in wow

1 Like

ive been insulted more, trolled more, just plain abused more in what, a month of LFG than i was in a almost a year of rdf.

12 Likes

yea dude same, except the other way around!

the difference being, with RDF in game you can still choose to use LFG chat to manually form groups, where without rdf in the game i dont have a choice which way to form my groups.

15 Likes

yea man that sucks idk what to tell u there’s no rdf

the way i see it is like complain or just work w/ it in game

i just stick to guild runs, no longer even try to pull the tank out and offer runs to folks, instead i spend down time hear rattling the chains hoping the devs will see the uproar and figure out there are enough people that want the choice that they will figure it out.

best solution ive seen is to put all pvp servers in one battle group with no rdf and all normal servers in a second battlegroup WITH rdf. and give both battlegroups the ability for bg que from anywhere. everyone wins for the most part in my opinion.

1 Like

This is what happens.

RDF increases the player pool. LFG tool ends uo being another spam channel to ignore.

7 Likes

For one it was in game back in the first release of WOTLK and I understand that it was later but Blizzard said they wanted the most complete version of the game which would have RDF. Dungeons are a big part of the game to me and I have severe anxiety after having a stroke when I was younger so I cant just start my own group that easy as a normal person. RDF allows me to play the game how I like to play which is dungeon grind. They have already brought out things that was crossrealm like BGS and able to que up for BGS on your bar why not let PVE player do the same thing. Theres also the problem with pop in the game and I cant say for sure but I think RDF could help the players to spread out on other server instead of just one mega server.

9 Likes

dont forget, rdf is far more of an INCLUSIVE tool than LFG is.

5 Likes

To you it might not you may have a guild who you can run Heroic with when ever but some dont like me. I am 1 of the only lvl 80s in my guild and I dont enjoy talking to new people that much and RDF helps me gear up alot easyer and faster. cause I mainly play at off peak times and cant find a group and when I do it never works out lol.

4 Likes

you really wrote this out and said “yes, this is the one”