RDF Not Coming Confirmed

There hasnt been a constructive thread about lfd, rfd, or its big brother “raid finder”, period

The compromise is realm-locked RDF, but once that’s pointed out, many people argue that ‘group forming is the social activity’ which just highlights that no-one expects social activity in the dungeon.

Part of why I want RDF is to not have gone through a distasteful and time consuming process to join a group, because it starts things off on a “Fine get this over with” mindset. But I also want to group with people only on my server, because I don’t want to have to deal with people who actively choose to go to Megaservers and the attitudes that encourages.

1 Like

We’ve gotten reasonably constructive. The problem is that no one is going to change their mind, and there are the usual suspects who are there just to be smug and gloat.

I used to be anti-RDF, but my mind changed. Nothing is going to change it back.

Not really. It’s more so a PSA to let others know that RDF isn’t going to be in Wrath.

It’s constructive. It’s a PSA.

1 Like

As was I. It just takes a little effort to have an open mind and question your own beliefs.

1 Like

This is definitely the closest to a reasonable discussion from the two sides willing to discuss their sides of the issue.

I used to be “realm-locked or it’s better without it”, but trying to prep an alt in TBC for Wrath proved to me that nothing is not a better option.

Lol, if you believe, you stop questioning,

Sounds like something you’d read on a bumper sticker.

Wrath Baby On Board!

I should patent that.

2 Likes

Umm I think there are better places to inform people that don’t know than the forums. lol.

People that don’t spend their time here usually tend to come here when they complain so they wouldn’t see this “PSA” until after launch day or pre patch day.

So, what you’re saying is the official game forums is not a suitable place to share news about the game that the official games forums centers around?

Thats the truth, belief is accepting something without question. Its a crutch to avoid the uncomfortable validation of not knowing the answers.

You aren’t Blizzard, you have no idea. Not even Blizzard does - they’ve pulled back from, “never”.

We won’t know for sure until Cata pre-patch hits.

That’s way too late. Wrath will be a ghost town by then without lfd.

Also, wish Bloomer would pick an alt to troll on. Annoying to have to keep ignoring multiple characters with the same name.

Or maybe have the offical people of the fourms make the annoumcnet so it is easier to see vs something like this?

A blue post is much easier to find unlike a thread like this. In fact.

Return to the Icy Realm of Northrend in World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King Classic™

I found the article that says no RDF in it. So there. There is your offical source.

It’s a bit difficult for Blizzard to make a definitive post at this point. They’ve already seen the backlash from the decision, and they’ve started using ambiguous language to try and not lock themselves into a position fully - not to mention, it benefits them financially to do so.

There’s absolutely the possibility this was all planned, and that they never intended to remove RDF entirely - they just said they were.

More like

LF3 DPS, no Plate DPS, No Hunters or Enahnce shamans, No rogues or Feral Druids

That will be the LFG chat

5 Likes

You forgot Frozen Orb res, all blues/greens res, selling [insert prebis item here] 1k. PST

Major copium, like freebasing epic quality hopium there. You be smoking retail warcrack too long, sorry hun but classic got no looking for dungeon. Retail does and twice as many dungeons to choose from. There is no vanilla replay. Just classic and retail, choose your side and play the game that has or exludes the features you want, plain and simple. You are not the classic community, you are retail shills.

2 Likes

This is really good to hear! Nothing on these forums or in this game is worth anyone’s mental health. <3

1 Like

Making the game less fun will bite them in the end. It was never going to last. Cataclysm isn’t going to happen if they have only financials in mind (not enough player interest to be financially viable). Be ready for unlimited 70 boosts so they can cash grab before the end.