RDF is needed

Can’t fill a group on Westfall Server at Level 72 on my DK, we found 4 people then everyone just gave up and left the group after not being able to find a tank. There was 1 other person in the LFG tool. I can’t say how badly RDF is needed, it’s not even a want anymore it is needed for dungeon content before 80 to exist.

8 Likes

Its been needed for quite some time. Unfortunately Blizzard and the anti rdfers prefer to live with their heads in the sand.

9 Likes

Sounds like what you’re saying is you want to have access to tanks on other servers.

I’d be fine with cross server LFG tool. I’d like to be able to do dungeons and play an MMO with other people

4 Likes

Maybe the game needs spam, but I thought you were quitting. Why does it affect you?

Also noticed you already have another RDF thread up. For someone who is quitting you sure do spam a lot.

1 Like

Yeah, I think they really should try to do something about server population issues. Not sure exactly what, but maybe offering unlimited free transfers to any server would be decent. Maybe that would have some unintended consequences though :woman_shrugging:

Free transfers would also work, but i don’t think they would give up the 25$ per transfer they would lose alot of money.

1 Like

Yeah maybe. I don’t know if I’m just out of touch, but with the mega-server massive populations, I don’t feel like server-identity is much of a thing these days, and it doesn’t really feel like the dedicated-server model really makes any sense for modern day WoW Classic players.

Free server transfers would sort of be a solution, but really I think that not having server-locks, but having servers dynamically spawn/despawn to support concurrent populations, and/or dynamic world sizes using layering or something similar may work.

Anyway, I’m not a big proponent of RDF, but they did add cross-realm grouping for instanced PVP content, perhaps something similar for PVE content would work as well as a half-baked monkey-patch. Though they’d have to work out how trading, etc. would work for raid groups.

I can think of several bad unintended consequences. Like people going to a dead server to farm for rare items or mats and then going to a server where the mats can be sold for a big profit. If it’s a one time thing almost every one will transfer to the already mega servers to make them into mega-mega-servers because the only thing that would make the smaller and even the medium pop servers workable is cross realm rdf.

you’re a warrior. grab a shield and let’s go. there’s dual spec.

Non issue,imo, as this will stabilize over time. Also, so what anyway?

I specifically stated unlimited, which was meant to imply that there would be no limits to the number of times you could transfer, like it was between Faerlina and Benediction for a while.

inflation, economic damage, gentrification.

great question. glad I could answer.

Lol, with bots having been allowed free reign for this long these are actual concerns you have of players doing shady crap?

1 Like

None of this would either happen or matter.

But let’s assume the cost of farmable resources matters and that for some reason an empty server has more access to these resources (I play on Whitemane and can farm in the open world uncontested pretty much all day any day).

So what’s going to happen? People will go farm and prices will what? Go down due to oversupply? Then won’t some people stop farming if it’s not worthwhile, and an equilibrium will be reached, as always with such markets?

And if not, so what?

reaching an equilibrium is always guaranteed. nature doesn’t go to infinity.

the greatest problems happen when you don’t like where the equilibrium is.

because once in the stable position… it’s very hard to move again.

1 Like

Anyway, clearly this is a non issue. :grinning:

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but video games aren’t nature.

the players and their behavior, however, is. the game doesn’t do the farming, listing, valuing and exchanging of resources and gold, we are.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.