RDF good or bad

… is in the player using it.

1. For me RDF is the sheet because as a casual player the chances of me trying to form or find a group the normal way is a waste of the little time I have to play.

2. RDF for many is getting into a group with under geared or inexperience players wanting to be carried.

3. RDF in WOTLK prolly not happening. Good? or Bad?

4. Again, I am a casual player and RDF was a QoL thing but many fails when it first came out because again read #2.

5. Blizzard has made it clear it isn’t going to happen but eh… you never know as they tend to flip flop on things around here.

I have no desire to go back to retail as WOTLK was always my favorite. Cata… if they do it I’ll prolly stick around and that’s it for me. There’s just not enough time for me on retail, though I tried. So much content I could never get done before the next big patch. Always behind. But that’s just me.

If they ever enable RDF that’s fine, if not, that’s fine too. Blizard has put in so much cookie cutter stuff and QoL stuff that has made the retail part of it less fun on playing and more on end game content for those who raid and leave until the next raid and I am chasing patch after patch with no fun in it.

Classic Wrath brings fun back into it for me. This OFC is IMO

1 Like

Yes.

Unfortunately the average gamer today cannot be counted on to follow the rules, and instead will cheat their way through anything, any way they can.

Classic is the way it currently is because of scummy players

1 Like

It’s bad. thanks

1 Like

RDF Good, Players Bad.

2 Likes

Why though?

2 Likes

RDF is good for players, I literally dont run dungeons anymore so it being in the game or not wont affect me. But lets not pretend levelers being able to run dungeons is an affront to our virtual social lives.

4 Likes

From these discussions I’ve learned that the way I used the rdf stopped 90% of toxic behavior. I had a good guild and friends. I’d ask in guild if anyone wanted to do dungeon x. I’d almost always get 1 or 2, sometimes more, people to join my group and then we’d join the rdf to fill out the group. I almost never joined the rdf solo. Since I didn’t have any toxic friends we didn’t do anything toxic and we were able to stop anything toxic from happening.

For example I’ve been in groups where someone initiated a kick vote for no reason. I and my friends voted no and the kick vote failed.

How did you use the rdf? Did you mostly join the queue solo or mostly with friends? Did you find joining with friends a different experience than joining solo? If you mostly joined the rdf queue solo why didn’t you join with friends? Didn’t you have a good guild or any friends who wanted to join the queue with you?

1 Like

ive said this a thousand times and alot of other folks have said similar things as you and i have, i used it to fill the last slot or two of a guild run, and i used it with my tank and healer just to make sure runs were active for others. during a guild run if we liked the one or two folks and they way talked and played, we would give them an open invite to add to friends list to hook up with later and talk about them joining the guild. sometimes that was folks on our server, more often it was folks from other servers, sometimes that resulted in those folks transferring to our server to join the guild. very rarely did i ever have issues in rdf but when i did it was usually when we were queing just as a tank and healer and it was 3 dps we were searching for.

3 Likes

Even when it was just me as a healer and a friend who was dps we usually didn’t have problems. If two of the strangers we got grouped with were toxic usually at least one wasn’t and would side with us. It was still 3 non toxic players against 2

2 Likes

RDF GOOD

/Pro RDF

4 Likes

RDF, best invention since sliced bread.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.