RDF For the Win!

If we wanted to play Retail we would, we are on classic for a reason and it’s not sitting around and spamming Looking for group

2 Likes

If you’re on classic to hit the big green button than you’re on the wrong game.

Only once before, when Blizzard came out with it’s original “Real I.D.” which was going to replace character names with the full first and last name on our accounts.

The forums were lit, Blizzard came out and said “We have no plans to remove your real life names from showing in-game at this time and are going to go ahead with the Real I.D. update”, players left, and Blizzard desperately posted something akin to “W-wait!! We give up, you can use your character names instead! Gosh!!”

On the cusp of tasting that sweet victory against Blizzard’s hubris yet again has me hyped, this whole RDF thing will eventually become a part of the textbooks and a lecture in game development classes for decades to come.

4 Likes

This is not what stopped it. What stopped it was one of the dev’s openly stated that there was no harm in revealing first and last names, and stated theirs. Within 10 minutes he was non stop harassed in real life, with Pizza’s being delivered to his house, and other things that affected him personally at home. Then blizzard went “Oh this is dangerous.” I am only glad that it was before the rise of people swatting.

5 Likes

Oh look another RDF spam thread, so original

…what? They’re literally other players, which you may group with in PvP. Wth kinda comment in this?

1 Like

It’s the toxicity you have to deal with that i’m talking about. I prefer not to have it based on this from past experience in Wrath. It’s ridiculous that people HAVE to deal with these types of individuals and i would venture to say its why alot of WoW became more solo players instead of groups.

1 Like

Fighting alongside them in pvp = fine.
Fighting alongside them in pve = bad.

Don’t look for logic or consistency in it. There is none.

3 Likes

I don’t pvp that much because of this and it’s not even put torwards me. I think it’s ridiculous people treat others like garbage and get away with it at all. Why should we want to have this in the game. Leave that garbage in IRL where one day i hope even that’s cracked down on harder. It offers nothing positive.

1 Like

Good news, even with dungeon finder you don’t have to group with anyone you don’t want. You can still manually form every dungeon group you do. Invite friends. Invite guildies. Advertise and only invite specific people from your server. Dungeon finder does not remove your ability to do this. And if so many players are worried about being grouped with random toxic players, it should be easy for you to create groups, right?

4 Likes

The same could be said torwards your view on the subject i suppose. I personally have no issue with RDF other then the fact its xserver. RDF pros seem to be more DPS based as a healer and a tank that people seem to enjoy grouping with, the amount of spam i get on login gets kinda large on some days. Why dont DPS (which im sure is the majority) that want RDF just say its because of the MASS AMOUNT of dps in comparison to healers / tanks … all rdf will do is make all dps across all applicable realms share the same queue time but have a guaranteed time frame for a group. Why not say that as it’s what it feels like the pro RDFs true reasoning behind it is.

Play with your friends and don’t worry what everyone else does maybe? The LFD boogyman won’t hurt you.

4 Likes

That’s a lot of words. Anyway, if you don’t want to group with random strangers, then don’t.

P.s. - I’m having a little trouble taking your posts seriously given the fact your name is Trynbreakme and you want a system removed from Wrath because you might be grouped with someone who says something you don’t like.

4 Likes

You haven’t defeated anything.
You are just trying to take attention away from yet another of your made up “facts” that you can’t back up.
But it is amusing to see how you flail trying to deflect away form the fact that you have no facts.

1 Like

You mean you can’t see it offering anything positive.
Form your groups manually then.
You don’t have to use RDF.

But I am in favor of having RDF and it being your server only, then if you are in queue for 30 minutes it goes to a other realms wide search.

3 Likes

The other reason for having RDF is that you can hit it, and go out questing or gathering or world PvPing and not have to watch it like you do the current Beta LFG tool which requires an inordinate amount of baby sitting attention to try to get in a group.

With RDF you are guaranteed to get into a dungeon if you wait for the queue to pop.
With the Beta LFG tool, you could possibly never get in a group no matter how long you wait, it’s not a spot in line there.

3 Likes

I am not in favor of RDF being server specific because it will push even more players to the single faction mega servers because they have the biggest pool of players. Server identity doesn’t exist on those 30k+ single faction servers with 12+ layers and making more things server specific will just cause even more people to create there own version of cross realm by using layers instead of realms on these mega servers.

What else is happening in your fantasy world? Do we finally have automated cars?

5 Likes

I’m not defending Cata, but no one was required to do LFR.

Such as removing a WotLK era feature like LFD? I agree, no changes!

4 Likes