RDF In Wrath Discussion

I think World PVP is dead on most servers anyways. I don’t really see how having RDF will put a dent in world PVP either way. I have yet to see any PVP happen at a summoning stone.

Far as ninja looting goes there usually isn’t anything super valuable in randon dungeons anyways. I can’t see that many people needing on an item they can’t use just to vendor it for a handful of gold.

Far as toxicity goes I have seen very little of this issue from running many dungeons on retail all the way from low lvl to mythic+. I have never seen a person kicked unless they were afk or just being a complete jerk. I have never seen somebody kicked because of their DPS, or ability to tank. Then again I don’t run super difficult content (Mythic 10 is about it). Again RDF won’t be touching difficult content anyways so don’t see that being much of an issue.

It don’t let you pick your group but for fairly easy content it doesn’t really matter.

I am on a small population server and horde is about 2 per 8 alliance from my understanding. Lately its been a chore to fill a heroic group sometimes even just trying to find a final DPS. Tanked UP the other day with a 4 person group because we couldn’t find a final dps. Have done this a couple other times for heroics.

Once DF hits I suspect the population will go down even more. Cross server RDF is really needed or heck even if they designed it like the LFG on retail where you can pick players cross server that would still help.

Players can still form there guild groups and run with friends if they so desire. Nobody is asking to take that away from you.

5 Likes

Your pros list just seems like you trying to pad things to make the list bigger than it is.

Yes, RDF is efficient. Do you need to list several points on efficiency (like making it more efficient to do dungeon achievements)?

And then you list points that have nothing to do with RDF. For example:

You can’t really have a good discussion if your list is full of slop like that.

5 Likes

Pros:

• makes leveling more fun as you can run dungeons
  • makes it easier to form groups (cross server rdf at least)
  • it was in wrath
  • dungeons in wrath are one of my favorite aspects and rdf just makes it easier to run them

Cons

• I personally don’t see any
15 Likes

Didn’t you just create one yourself?

Their comment was based on their experience - why THEY thought RDF was good, and should be back in the game.

We’ve all given objective reasons it should be in the game again, you all just ignore them.

4 Likes

nah classic andy like you are degenerate pieces of garbage that hate fun in video games

4 Likes

This topic has been discussed to death… even this particular post with the same intention has been done.

If there is no new information, then these posts are all just repeating what has already been discussed ad nauseam, and that is spam.

I don’t ignore legitimate pros. What amuses me is how it challenges you people to come up with a con list.

I certainly can come up with a proper pros/cons list. The discussion would then largely come down to how important each point is (which drives whether you’re for or against RFD).

A list like OP has does an awful job of getting a real convo going, especially when he says stuff like this:

“rdf provided me a way to share my knowledge of tanking and of dungeons with new players and have fun introducing them to new runs.”

Like really? That has absolutely nothing to do with RFD. You can do that currently without RDF.

Anyways, perhaps when I have more time, I will create a proper thread for this.

5 Likes

Kinda like how RDF has nothing to do with forming groups manually?

Please, enlighten us.

Dear diary I miss RDF and here are a bunch of reasons why…

1 Like

If they add RDF I won’t get to read these whiney threads anymore. That’s a con right there!

People will go back to whining for Ret buffs or something.

2 Likes

Each of these can be easily addressed by either Blizzard or the players.

Ninja looting can be prevented by making RDF a personal loot run.

Toxicity, well every system has that even the current LFG tool. But RDF gives you a means to eject the bad behaving player.

RDF most certainly allows you to set your group composition as you can queue with up to a full 5 man team. So you can grab one thing you want before you queue, then queue as a group.

World PvP, well that is dead right now so that is a moot item.

2 Likes

They’ll whine RDF needs better rewards to get people to play the game with them because they will have hour long queues as DPS.

1 Like

Repeat after me: slippery. slope.

Spam … it’s what’s for dinner.

If they dont do something Wotlk will be dead very soon. As it stands leveling from 1-70 is a nightmare. It’s just solo questing. I can never find a group or it takes multiple hours to form one. As of right now I’m just raid logging on my main because I cant be bothered and most of my guildmates are doing the same.

3 Likes

I never had an hour long queue as dps in the rdf in wrath.

6 Likes

FYI… Classic WotLK doesn’t have 13M subs like original WotLK. Queue times would be higher in Classic.

5 Likes

no, im not trolling, im interested in an ACTUAL discussion but either your just a troll yourself or your seriously afraid of what would come of a civil discussion.

I invite you to add anything you feel that would be of merit from your point of view.

1 Like

they seem pretty solid on not allowing rdf

as i stated at least twice, these are MY opinions, i dont claim to speak for a minority or a majority, just me and my guildies. if you have more to add to the negative list, i invite you to add them in there from your perspective.

If all you want to do is attack the list because it doesnt fit your opinion it just shows the lack of foundation you have and your fear of rdf so youre trying to confuse and attack instead of just having a real conversation. that makes you look likt just another anti rdf troll.

so please, if you dont read anything else, read this… I invite you to post your opinions to add to the conversation. if your sole position is you dont agree with the list, theres no need to bein the conversation. i am looking to start a decent both sides conversation.