RBG Tank Diversity

Can we get some viability for Pally, Warrior, DK, and Monk tanks? Right now we have 1.5 specs available that are viable with Guardian being best and vengence is ok, but not great.

So much possibility wasted. Waiting for guardians in queue is bane of so many groups.

12 Likes

Agreed. It’s not even really a cutting edge true meta difference either, guardians are just miles ahead. Nor is it fun facing the same tanks game after game.

It’s also annoying as a Druid always expected to have a guardian off spec.

Blizz help pls

1 Like

Hi there. I do exist. People just wont invite me. I have people with 1900xp telling me im not good enough to play with them even though i was 2200 last ssn… People dont want anything but the “meta” and I just think that if they dont want to play with me, they are probably bad and need a meta to carry them anyways shrug.

There are plenty of easy ways to fix the tank meta and make it a little more balanced, but look at SL as a whole and tell me if you think RBG tank balance is the first thing on blizz’s mind.

5 Likes

I agree, buff Vengeance DH.

2 Likes

cough remove sleeper cough

1 Like

lets see… remove sleeper. remove the flat blanket 50% increased damage nerf and apply as needed to different tanks, i.e- brewmaster/prot warr 20% and guardian 50%. Give other tanks some method of reduction from all sources. Figure out a way to get defensives to work with flag (prot pal bubble, reduce X% of damage instead of immune with flag). Warrior needs magic damage reduction. Certain tanks just need help. Its the way they are designed. Blood DKs needing to fight to heal, you need to give them some honor talents or something in pvp that allows them to have a sort of rune tap heal that can use runes to heal for X% or pick the damage reduction one. Prot pals relying on healing as well is fine, but once again their main defensives are bubbles and immunities. Brewmaster relies on stagger and needs to have a higher HP pool or reduced intake of damage in PvP, currently I only have 57k unbuffed as a tank at 226 ilvl.

There are fixes. They are honestly pretty easy to implement to start. But nothing will change. DHs/Guardians will reign supreme for probably all of the game because their specs are built perfectly for pvp compared to others. Brewmaster has steady damage intake (kinda), but its healer reliant, where as other tanks can just blatantly soak damage, I dont have many defensives compared to them because of my stagger.

4 Likes

DHs are pretty much out of favor as well. I haven’t ran with a single V DH in a couple months, they a just app as Havoc now. But I feel you man, I hope some stuff changes so you can enjoy your class/role.

3 Likes

So much of the druid tank meta would drop if they just absolutely destroyed Legacy of the Sleeper in pvp.

Million dollar issue is that you need self-sustain to be viable, either as a flag carrier or a base sitter, and while DH is solid, Druids literally having an ability that heals a massive % of all damage taken in the last some-odd seconds means they are practically impervious to burst. Druid is just way too oppressive, to the point that its strength is bleeding into other speccs that shouldn’t be nearly as durable as they are.

1 Like

Being the only tank that can stealth is pretty huge…almost guaranteed to get to pick up the flag and better for sitting bases.

Also druid has the best self heals and can cross the map quickly, shapeshift roots etc.

Their toolkit is miles ahead.

2 Likes

All the tanks could use a buff for sure, but I think bears are just over the top. They are so good they make the other tanks look so bad. They need a slight reduction. In fact is there a single Druid spec that isn’t over the top atm?

1 Like

Definitely. Stealth allows them to get to the flag without being stopped, but the only thing that gets them out of the flag room without being demolished by a rogue is sleeper. Sleeper + night fae and lol gone

1 Like

Well, from all the replies so far, I think the consensus is that we are fed up with one choice and we’d really appreciate some other options.

1 Like

Now just get blizz to get on the balance train and see if you can actually have them change anything before the next xpac.

If you remove sleeper it will go right back to everyone bringing DH. I think sleeper should have duration reduced by 50% to only 15 seconds and other tanks should get a legendary similar to sleeper.

1 Like

honestly thats probably the best idea.

Tanks should have different damage taken % only WHILE HOLDING a flag.

Nobody deserves the sleeper legendary. It creates a horrendous playstyle on flag maps impervious to being a jack-wagon of an FC and creates unfun environements.

Blood dk should take 300% increased damage.

so how do we prop up the other 4 tanks in RBGs?

Tanks only need representation in RBGs as flag carriers. The idea of bringing a tank to an RBG for any reason other than to FC is disgusting and the only reason it is currently done so is because sleeper legendary can make any idiot a viable base sitter.

im taken because of my utility :stuck_out_tongue: Tanks in pvp is pretty schweet.

1 Like