Rbg flags getting capped with no animation and no visible character

I play RBG’s around the 1900’s bracket. I’m one of the designated base-sitters. I’m running into this scenario where I will be watching a flag and it will instantly become capped by the enemy team with no visible animation and no visible character – just an instant flag turn.

This has only happened when I play against a team with a feral druid and some kind of rogue. From what I’ve gathered from my teammates, there’s a way to cap a flag in a manner that eliminates the capping animation. Also, people in stealth have a few moments to cap the flag while still under stealth, but it should in no way last the entirety of the cap.

I think what is happening is a druid will begin capping in stealth, then at the moment they would come out of stealth, the rogue will cast shadowy duel on me. From what I understand, this is exclusive to subtlety rogues, however I believe this has happened before with other types of rogues as well.

I was wondering if the pvp community could help me identify how else this can happen, and what I as a warlock can do to counter this.

For reference, my base-sitting positioning looks like this:

• Pet is succubus
  • Succubus is ~5 yards off flag
  • I am 40 yards off flag
  • Constantly casting rain of fire on flag
  • I am standing near a gateway that will take me to another spot ~40 yards away from flag
2 Likes

BUMP. FIX THIS.
A rog just did that in a random AB too. Twice.
I was next to the flag, nothing shows up then suddenly the flag is capped.

4 Likes

You have to play demo if you are base sitting against a sub rogue. Set the big demon pvp talent on the flag to prevent a cap. Unless they changed it, rain of fire doesn’t stop caps.

I think you’re right about the caps, but it will at least (should) pop people out of stealth. BUT… then I ran into this problem.

Proof?
10ch

I don’t record my games but proof would prob help the discussion. I’ll see if I can grab it the next time I’m doing rbg’s

2 Likes

Was prob a 2nd rogue dueling.

1 Like

I played rbgs a lot season 1. Its definitely a strategy used. You basically need to throw out an aoe spell that stops caps while the rogue is dueling/stunlocking you as his partner caps.

https://youtu.be/KzeuY2fIo6g?t=95

This is the first time it ever happened to me, so I played it out badly. Since then I just went BM with worm pets if I saw a sub rogue on the other team instead of survival/marks. Lol looking at it again makes me cringe.

How’s this proof? You got capped on…

what do you want proof of?
im just showing what happened since he wanted a video.

This has been happening in randoms too, started with release of prepatch. Not sure what it is, but there is something that allows caps from stealth.

I have seen a few times a rogue goes in and attacks the defenders, another rogue starts capping and the first rogue duels 1 defender.

No I was sitting on my rogue in stealth never being attacked and flag got capped right in front of me from stealth.

3 Likes

Sounds like a move Jdro would do.

1 Like

shadowy dueled my man. rain of fire wont spin the flag

You quoted me saying, proof.
The post looks like a response to me.

Also, trinket turtle macro into explosive trap spins the base in your video.

Pretty sure succubus knock spins through shadowy duel.
The AoE effect is just really small though.

succbus hasn’t had knock for a while. unless it’s a demo only thing

1 Like

So OP what it sounds like you’re implying is that there’s a way rogues are interacting with the flag without breaking stealth, and not complaining about shadowy duel. That sounds like an exploit to me although I have no idea what it would be. Maybe a google search brb.

The video someone shared above is just a 2v1 shadowy duel situation, completely normal, no wierd gimmick or bug going on. Although it’s probably about time that they let people trinket out of shadowy duel or something. Kind of an insane ability now that I think about it in the context of RBGs.

Succubus had knock in Legion.

For current, not sure if Malefic Rapture spins bases but assuming it does as it’s impact damage.

Otherwise best to have Voidwalker out as it AoE cleave spins flag when it can attack something.

You could place your portal on the flag and port there hoping the rogue is ignorant enough to chase.

2 Likes