Razer Tartatus Pro Keybindings

Hello all,

I was referred to here by the customer support board.

I have recently purchased a Razer Tartarus Pro as an upgrade from a Razer Orbweaver.

I am having issues getting the secondary function working on keybindings.

I have a key bound to 1 as the primary and then alt-1 as the secondary.

I have set the actuation points to the minimum and maximum values.

So when I lightly press the button, it inputs 1 and then when I press the button all the way down it inputs alt-1.

I have verified in notepad that the binding is working properly, but in WoW it is not. If I press lightly it inputs 1 and if I press all the way down, it still inputs 1. WoW does not see alt-1.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

So long as the correct hardware events are being sent WoW should see them. That said, it’s possible you’ll run afoul of Warden with this technique as it technically violates their whole 1 press 1 key philosophy.

2 Likes

What if I had a hardware switch that triggered keystrokes at different locations when slide up and down. This is not a keyboard at all, it’s a switch. There would be no “key up or key down”, it would just be different switch positions toggling different abilities.

This custom hardware still abides by the rule “one in-game action for one hardware action” which, in my opinion, means there is no automation.

Is this reasoning incorrect? Is everyone really required to use a traditional keyboard to issue game commands?

Odaious, I’d be wary of some posters “interpretations” of the EULA. if you try to macro what you are attempting to do, you do so at your own risk.

reposting from the other thread
If I understand correctly,

• half press and release=1
  • full press and release=Alt-1
    Sounds fine.

Troubleshooting steps

1. Plug a regular keyboard into your pc
  2. Does hitting alt-1 using the regular keyboard work?
  • If yes, wow doesn’t like your tartarus setup. See if you can change the key combination in the tartarus setup to be “Left Alt Key-1” or “Right Alt key-1”. It might be that tartarus isn’t sending a specific alt key and that’s confusing things
  • If a regular keyboard didn’t work with alt-1 check if you have alt-1 keybound to anything, unbind it, and make the test macro below and put it on Action Button 1.
#showtooltip
/cast [mod:alt] Kill command; Cobra Shot

Find a targeting dummy, summon a pet, and test that macro. What should happen is that the “alt-1” should do a kill command and the regular “1” should do a Cobra Shot

1. Switch back to a regular keyboard and test it with the macro. It should work the same either way.
  2. If it doesn’t work change the macro text from “mod:alt” to just “mod”.

You may need to contact Razer and see if they have any info for you as well.

Fyi, shift-1 and Ctrl-1 are keybound by default to other things. Alt is the best thing to use here.