Razer Synapse M1 Ultra

Hi, I am using Mac Studio with M1 Ultra chip. While playing WoW my Razer mouse (Naga Hex V2) is working however, my side buttons aren’t. Is there any solution for this problems ? Thanks

You’ll need to use a third party app such as USB Overdrive or SteerMouse (see their FAQ here for caveats regarding Razer mice: https://plentycom.jp/en/steermouse/support.html). Unfortunately Synapse 3 has no macOS version and Synapse 2 isn’t supported on M-series Macs.

1 Like

Thank you !

Special note: If your side buttons fail to properly work even after setting up the third party utility, follow the instructions below to (hopefully) restore that functionality:

Open Terminal (found in /Applications/Utilities/), then copy and paste the following line, then hit Enter to commit the command:

defaults write com.blizzard.worldofwarcraft disable-expose-fix -bool YES

Hopefully you won’t need to do this, but it’s here in case you have to try it.

1 Like

So I tried USB Overdrive, sadly I am not able to add my side buttons and connect them to specific key :confused:

Good news, Steer Mouse works !!!

You should be able to do so. I did that when I tried a Naga way back in the day. USB OD isn’t always “straightforward” about how you remap keys though, so I can see how you might miss it.

I had this problem that every time I used my thumb button ( there’s 7 of them ) I basically pressed two keyboard buttons.

For example when i press thumb button 1, in game it will use 1 but at the same time it will use my specific keybind ( in this case it’s Ú ) and same goes for 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7.

Basically it’s always triggering 2 spells in WoW.
I found a solution, thumb button 1 will use my chosen keyboard button ( Ú ) and it will also use cmd+1 not regular 1. And cmd+1 is empty space on my bar.

Anyway thanks a lot again, not being able to use my thumb buttons was annoying.

A bit late on the reply. I use this with my Razor Tartarus game pad. Works great.

https://karabiner-elements.pqrs.org

1 Like