Ray-tracing is coming, any plans for you guys to upgrade?

no real benefit going to a 2080 super from a 5700xt. it’s like, 10-15% faster at best.

i would upgrade to a 3000 series for 20% boost and RTX possibly.

With only a handful of games even supporting RTX anyways that was always going to be the case.

Oh I know. Doesn’t mean I’m any less salty.

Of course I voted with my wallet. Did not buy one.

Passed the Vega 64 to my wife, picked up a cheap 5700 XT for me. Good performers, those 5700 XTs, especially for the money.

Off-topic

Has drivers been better for you? My 5700 before I sold it was somewhat flawless. Started to black screen and hanging.

Against my better judgement, I decided to buy a 5700xt sapphire nitro+ for my upcoming build.

Not the person you replied to, but my Nitro+ has been great, but most of its use is under macOS (hackintosh), so it’s been running a fork of the AMD drivers that Apple has vetted + customized which might change the equation a bit.

I’ve also used it under Windows to drive an Oculus Rift on a few occasions. Haven’t had any problems there either, but I may just have not spent enough time booted into Windows for driver issues to become visible.

Either way, the hardware is quite solid. Sapphire makes a good card, but that’s all for naught if AMD driver quality sucks.

Haven’t had an issue at all. I am also using the cheapest 5700xt on the market (XFX RAW II) and outside of needing an undervolt and an aggressive fan curve to keep temps in check, it’s been great since Christmas.

As usual AMD parts need user adjustment to be really great.