Ravenous Black Gryphon - Dropped on my Horde Character

Just completed a Time Rift (first on of the week / new season) on my Blood Elf DH and the Ravenous Black Gryphon (Alliance Mount) was added to my journal.

I didn’t think this was possible? I thought I had to be alliance? The only thing I can think of is that I was Atomically Recalibrated to a Draenie?

It can be gifted, a random Alliance must have gave you it.

8 Likes

That’s one of those mounts where you target someone from the opposing faction and it teaches them the mount.

2 Likes

Ohh that’s how that works. I thought you had to trade or something.

WELL damn, I got lucky I guess. That’s huge, whoever did it. Thanks!

Ha

5 Likes

Lol seeing this post made me wonder how many people I must have confused when I was grinding the rifts. I wouldn’t communicate if I got the mount, I would just click someone and gift it if I could, and if they already had it and it gave me an error I would move on and do it to another person.

5 Likes

They’re the new awesomefish :slight_smile:

Whenever I get the mount, I just start targeting Horde and trying to toss it to them. Usually after 10 or so tries, it flies off to someone.

It would be nice if, once you already have it, you could sell it for gold!

It wouldnʻt be long until you see:
/y “Black gryphon mount for sale! DM Me with offers!”

Luckily, that never happened.

I definitely saw that a few times during the first few weeks of Time rifts, but it’s since fizzled out.

I got the wolf mount once. Had to resort to running around Valdrakken like “LET ME GIFT YOU!” until I found someone who didn’t have it.

1 Like

Whenever I get the gift wolf, I go to a leveling area and try to find someone new (or someone without heirlooms at least). Kickstart their collection. :dracthyr_heart:

Hope they add more things like this, it’s cute to help others.

1 Like

Saving that idea for when I start farming TRs again when they rotate “into season” lol.

1 Like