Ravenholdt players : Realm transfers to DD Today, 2 p.m EDT

Its ok, I get it, you guys feel threatened by the transfers.

By either of you posting and threatening to report each other you also broke the ToS and thus your reports can be deemed invalid or as harassment lol.

good now we’re all even, lol

Again, I have being randomly RPing with people while I level. This notion that Grob is mostly non RP players is based off nothing.

1 Like

Grob still needs to shed pop to get rid of layering. It’s fine to bleed more to DD.

1 Like

No it doesnt. Just get rid of layering.

We’re already shedding pop. So is DD. 17000+ inactive characters on Grobb, 8000+ inactive characters on DD.

The next few weeks will see even more people drop off the game. It’s not for everyone, as much as we all love it. By the time Phase 2 rolls around (I’m hoping for a November release) Grobbulus will be just fine without layering.

DD might not be doing so well though, which is half the reason I don’t advocate for anyone on Grobb who wants RP-PvP to switch to DD.

When DD finally dies off, it might lead to some people who would otherwise have kept playing on an active RP-PvP server to quit the game altogether before Blizzard institutes paid transfers and allows them to come back to Grobb.

You want super sized servers that might be three times more populated than what they were in Vanilla and all that population fighting for finite resources/world bosses?

That sounds awful.

2 Likes

Sounds like it’ll make it easier to Rank Up via WPvP, so yes please =)

Though that response is being facetious, I don’t expect Grobb to be a super-sized server by the time Phase 2 comes out.

What’s the active population right now? Weren’t Vanilla servers around 3,500 max concurrent population?

If Blizzard is truthful in saying a medium pop server is more populated than the most populated Vanilla server, then I wouldn’t be so quick in condemning servers to dead status.

As Vanilla extends on, they’ll probably just CRZ Grob with DD.

1 Like

god please no CRZ, if its ever needed just straight up merge the servers

Currently numbers at prime time are around 4000 for Alliance and 3600 for Horde on Grobbulus, down from 5200-5300 for each three weeks ago at launch.

Numbers at prime time on DD are currently 1400 for Alliance and 1300 for Horde, down from 1600 each when it was released three weeks ago.

Based off current drop off, and my own belief that there will actually be steeper drop offs soon, as the main population of the game is currently around 30-40 where you’ll see the most people quit, by the time we get to Phase 2, Grobbulus should be just fine, with about 2500ish at most, but probably less for each faction on at prime time.

No clue what DD will look like at that point unfortunately, but I doubt it’ll be pretty.

And yeah, I agree with Charle, I sincerely hope Blizzard doesn’t introduce CRZ to Classic WoW. That would be a pretty big betrayal, in my opinion. If DD does die off, I would like to see Blizzard recognize the problem that THEY created by opening it in the first place, and allow for free transfers from DD to Grobb with an eventual intention of straight up closing down the superfluous RP-PvP server.

I could be wrong though, but none of the current numbers point to this idea that Classic is going to see long-term sustainable population growth, or that the RP-PvP community is anywhere near large enough to populate two servers for a healthy period of time.

we’ll see, the initial burst of players was predictable, it may stabilize and have its ups and downs when new content come out

Good Good, let the reunion of Ravenholdt be reborn on Deviate Delight. I have no problems with Grobbulous as a server and i don’t care about server vs server fights. Alls i know is that this server had a 3hr queue for 2yrs to get in and turns out its west coast server. Ravenholdt is an east coast server, Deviate Delight is an east coast server. Let us all reunite and finish what was started a long long time ago.

-Nevruc, Minister of Propaganda, Zhentarim

1 Like

We don’t actually know if the dropoff in average prime time players is really a dropoff in players, or if it’s just that players are playing fewer hours after the first week. The main concern I have about those numbers is that the dropoff was steeper Horde side for both servers; we might need to encourage Horde from PVP servers to switch to RPPVP.

The inactive characters are mostly below level 20. It’s hard to tell exactly why that is. It might be because the active players have leveled up, it might be because the primes for people to drop out of playing are in the transition to contested zones around level 20, it might be something else, but I don’t think there’s any support for the idea that people wait until level 30-40 to quit.

Also, to stay on topic for the thread, I want to note that unlike how Grob is dominated by ED expats, DD is not dominated by Ravenholdt expats, so Maelstrom, TN, LH, etc. people are welcome on DD too. If you care about faction balance, Horde is the way to go on DD, though.

Why are there sooooo many threads of people trying to poach from Grobb.

Leave Grobb alone and recruit elsewhere.

I play quite freq on Grob and can attest i have never experienced a shortage of Alliance or Horde players. Even if #s are truly dropping off there is still plenty people playing. I think the initial spike and drop off was expected by most of us anyway because it truly is a much harder game than retail and not for everyone. Personally i LOVE it.

Leave my thread immediately

Yes. Go play NHL20 ya Lanny McDonald look-a-like.