Rated battlegrounds could be as fun as arena

What’s not to like about objective-based gameplay? I would love to see this bracket reduced to 6v6 because smaller numbers are more competitive and easier to organize. The 6v6 WSG brawl is a great example of how maps can be shrunk for fewer players. I could also see it having separate queues and ladders for solo / duo and a full team.

What do you think? Btw, I absolutely love the WSG and AB remakes. I hope we get more of these.

13 Likes

I agree with you 100% in regards to making it 6 v 6 .

I think the tournament format is 6v6 and that falls in line nicely for those team’s advancing

I don’t understand why participation has been steadily decreasing

Maybe the competitive spirit of today’s players is not as high as before.

You see raider’s get upset with there performance and do the necessary things to improve yet in PvP these same player’s now just blame outside influence for them falling short

Excuses like:
I am not taking this season serious
It’s ONLY gear that beats me
CC is out of control
Only 1 comp can win
R1 player’s are gating my progress

Etc…

I feel the biggest issue is getting participation

1 Like

6v6 would be cool, it would bridge a nice gap between BG’s and the old 5v5 arena days.

I think you would also get more teams/que’s going on with a smaller team size.

I don’t really see a downside to doing this. I mean worse case scenario they allow people to still do 10v10 but also give a 6v6 option?

2 Likes

I’d be in favor of 6v6 rated BGs.
I would not, at all, be in favor of separate ladders for solo/team. Absolutely no reason for this in rated.

Participation decline “started” in MoP but didn’t hit a nose-dive 'til mid-late WoD when bots, hacks, and exploits were extremely rampant and common knowledge.
But why it doesn’t increase now that those issues are mostly taken care of is almost certainly due to class design being absolute dog shet.
The underlying reason why PvP suffers is class design. If you returned class design to something similar to MoP then PvP participation overall would skyrocket back up. Fix class design, restructure PvP rewards, and then PvP would be focking amazing again.

7 Likes

Yep. 6v6 is great. I like that when its on brawl format too.

1 Like

Actually as someone who is new to pvp i may have a different perspective to share.

Participation may be down because you cant get into a group without a bare minimum of a 1500 rating. In pve content you could just make your own groups to get better IO scores, but in pvp if you’re the leader they expect you to lead and if you fall even slightly behind everyone leaves…

There is no method of entry into rated pvp for new player’s. The pvp community killed its own content through exclusivity.

And i get it, you want to win. I check IO every time. It just is what it is.

Ive been trying since legion to get my 10 rbgs for the mage tower skins and simce then ive been accepted to 9, and have won 6. Getting into the content seems harder than the content itself.

2 Likes

6v6 RBG’s should be how they introduce solo queue.

6 Likes

Solo que wont do well

1 Like

That’s just not true you can join Oasis community and get groups as well as guidance

2 Likes

100% this… Part of the reason I got out of raiding was finding 9 other reliable people around your skill level that you liked was not easy… 6v6 would be cool

As for lower participation I’ve said I think a big part of it’s due to the garbage reward structure. You have to get organize and get 10 people together where unless you’re hardcore you get no rewards?

I’ve said before that in mop/wod my entire guild had healthy populations for the entire expansion. They did a ton of arenas/rbgs/wpvp. Then comes legion and all of a sudden mythic + rewards infinitely better gear for half the ability. They stopped doing rated PvP at all to do mythics for gear which they took into wpvp/randoms. Half way through the expansion 3/4 of them unsub because they don’t enjoy pve yet that was by far their best gearing system.

They seriously need to implement a system like wod where gear scales to a max in PvP. Make skill the only thing that matters, at all. Leveling gear/normal raid gear/honor gear scales to one level. Mythic +/heroic raid/arena gear scales to another all the same ilvl. Keep that ilvl disparity small (in the vein of legion templates). Make the gear scale in any form of PvP from warmode to randoms to rated.

4 Likes

He’s not entirely wrong though. The Oasis community is in a way exclusive. I’m a pvper and I’m not even part of it (though I’ve heard of it).

If you’re a pver and thinking of trying out PvP? Think they’ll even know or heard of the community. It’s not intentionally exclusive but being hard to find makes it exclusive.

I get why they did the community thing… With phasing and not wanting to merge servers communities make sense. Still though I think they should have improved the guild system more instead. Also giving a very good way to find the communities you’re looking for would help…

I work tons of hours and mostly did pve and random battlegrounds

All I did was use the search function and boom found Oasis

I agree with the guild system and now that PvP is inclusive for all playstyles it should see a surge … yesterday was 7 min queue times for epic bg’s

Lol congrats dude. I haven’t. Clearly that guy hadn’t as well. Doesn’t mean he’s entirely wrong.

He is entirely wrong here. You want something put some effort

1 Like

I’m not hardcore yet got decent rewards for my rating. And capping cp quicker was a bonus

1 Like

So everyone can get 430 gear now in PvP? With Max CP

I think you said that and would be awesome

Yea we are up to 430 ilvl

1 Like

Lol nice … I feel kinda ripped off after getting to 2100 and getting same gear level now but this is a step in the right direction

1 Like

Don’t! Unless you didn’t have fun getting there.

Lol dude it’s not about putting effort in it’s about being new to something and having no idea. He’s using the tools blizzard gave him as well. Lfg is there for a reason.

Sometimes us vets forget just how huge wow is.