Rarity Addon update!

What’s going on?

For those that don’t know: Rarity is an addon made all the way back in 2011 that tracks how many attempts you’ve done at a certain mount, pet, toy or even item drop. It can support almost every item in the game and track how long it took you to get it.
Unfortunately with Midnight, it broke. </3

I know a lot of collectors have been waiting for an update on the Rarity addon for a while now. Sadly, the main dev of the addon has disappeared months ago, and since February, the only way to get this addon to work has been to use the latest Alpha version.

Well no more!

WoW Ambassadors from the Lord of the Reins and Achievements communities have worked together with Napu, the MoP Classic Rarity Dev, to create a new supported version of Rarity:

Rarity: Collector’s Edition!

This new version of Rarity works for all versions of WoW including the Retail PTR, and will be supported by active players that play all versions of WoW and Classic WoW for the foreseeable future.

It has multiple safety nets so it doesn’t crap itself when running into Secret Values in Midnight, as well as new additions like the Bag of Celestial Chance exclusive mounts for MoP Classic and all missing mounts from 12.0.1 onward. We’ve already got everything ready for 12.1 too!

You can find us on Curseforge and WoWUp and all data/attempts should be transfered upon swapping addons, since we use the same files.

Links:

  • Curseforge: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/rarity-collectors-edition
  • Github: https://github.com/aSnejbjerg/Rarity-Collectors-edition
  • Discord: https://discord.gg/bgbj3PfVVD

This revival could not have been possible without the help of our WoW Ambassador volunteers!
Thank you so much for your contributions and support.

  • Lord of the Reins (Mount Collecting) Community: https://discord.gg/lordofthereins
  • Achievements Community: https://discord.gg/achievements
  • Thank you Napu for taking this project on and trusting us to do this beloved addon justice.
  • Also thank you to everyone who submitted pull requests and issues to the original addon that helped us with finding solutions to the secret value problems.
  • And of course thank you to RDW for maintaining the addon originally, we hope you come back to us soon, wherever you are. <3

Thank you for your support throughout the years.

We will not let this addon die on our watch. This has been a project of love for an addon all of us have used for over a decade, and unless the API will no longer allow it, we will continue maintaining it well into the next.

And with my 1510 attempts at the Amani Sharptalon mount, I wish you all good luck on your hunts!
Hopefully they don’t take as long as mine…

7 Likes

NB4 Delete

This good information. Gonna get me the collectors edition. Was sad when it got broken but now I’m glad it’s back!!! Thanks!!!:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I dont adervtise my addons here neither should you advertise anyone elses just seems like spam

Why would this be deleted?? :person_facepalming: :rofl:

1 Like

It’s a head scratcher of a statement.

1 Like

I stopped using it after I got everything I wanted :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve been using it again on Classic versions as well :slight_smile: Even added the Bag of Celestial Chance mounts to the list.

Call me crazy but I missed having an empty mount journal, it’s fun to collect again (tho I will probably skip tedious stuff this time around haha)

I’d assume blizzard would look at this as advertisement and deem it not the proper place for it.

Guess I was wrong xD

1 Like

That’s great news!

Can people using the alpha version import the tracked data to this new addon?

2 Likes

Everything should convert upon installing this version.

2 Likes