Rares... What is even the point?

And I don’t mean the rares that actually have something interesting in their loot tables, those must be like 10% of the rares out there.

They aren’t challenging enemies, they don’t drop interesting things on kill, they don’t give a heap amount of xp to people leveling, they aren’t even “rare” enemies, as they re-spwan not long after defeated (the ones in BfA leveling zones at least).

I wonder if Shadowlands is changing anything about this. I remember back in MoP, most - if not all - of the rares out there had something interesting in their loot tables and they were actually challenging enemies! Soloable, but with strict mechanics.

1 Like

Are they even going to have rares in sl ? Haven’t heard anything about that.

There are named mobs and there are rare mobs. They seem the same but they are different.

Modern Blizzard game design.

Rares aren’t rare.
Epics aren’t epic.

The game is for soccer mom barbie doll players now.

This is a bad statement. Why do you referred to soccer moms when we are talking about rares?

Can you elaborate a bit? I mean the silver dragon framed mobs out there, the ones that are marked by a golden star on your map.

Lord of the rings online called these kinds of mobs “signature” monsters. I think maybe that was the goal here? Mobs that are significantly harder than typical mobs, but not so much you can’t easily solo them, just to have something to do while questing?

I think they are vinaigrettes, an attempt to add a depth of flavor to your meal.

No there are definatly still rares

You just reactivate your account or what?

1 Like

If you’re cool enough; you get a rare named after yourself in the Beast Warrens. And WoT reference.

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon: