Rares in Mechagon

I love the place, it’s fast paced and different, much different to what we are used to with the trees and whatnot.

But those rares, they either need a faster spawn time or a much much larger health pool and some way to know they are coming minutes before they spawn. I am counting some rares dead in a matter of seconds, yes, seconds. I counted one at 5 seconds, not even enough time to post they are up before they are dead.

People are spending more time trolling each other than actually playing your game.

11 Likes

You are definitely not the only one who feels this way.

There was another post complaining about this exact issue. I figured if they changed the way you get credit for kills, it might be a step forward. But I doubt it. I had to kill a rare spawn 3 times to get credit for the quest.

3 Likes

Just wait till you try to tag rustfeather. That one is camped like a mother hen on an egg.

How is it trolling if you have 5+ people (or less) beating on a rare and then it dies?

While I respect (and appreciate) your desire to want to notify the masses of a rare, not everyone shares in that mentality. If they were calling out in chat, “rare at xyz coordinates!” Then wait for people to get there while it’s at 5%, then killing it before they get a tag … THAT’S trolling.

Not, “oh, a rare. Nice! All mine. I’m gonna kill it.” Proceed to kill it. Move on with their day.

I waited for 20+ minutes for rustfeather with a group of 12 horde and 8 alliance. It was funny to see, I got the anti-gravity blueprints so I was lucky enough to actually walk away with something. He was dead in about 10 seconds.

That’s not the trolling part. It’s the part where people are sitting around for so long waiting for rares that the trolling happens. Like the crap we say to each other in chat when we are camping the rares we have not yet got, and since they die so fast all you can do is camp them.

1 Like

all the rare type mobs in both mechagon and nazjatar need a MUCH larger health pool, especially the limited time zone event (purple skull) bosses in nazjatar

10 seconds? Sheesh. You all auto-attacking only? I find she goes down in half that. :grimacing:

The Naz purple ones yes, but the mecha ones, no chance, even with the extra health per person whacking it they die super fast.

k then start by multiplying all rare mob health by 10x and go from there

You’re probably right, I never timed it. Couldn’t reach my stop watch in time :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Honestly I think the idea of sending zone wide messages like what with the commanders in Nazajatar to be an effective solution to this problem. Simply have a warning go out like 2min before a rare spawns. At least give people a fighting chance.

1 Like

So all the players already complaining they cant kill trash in Nazjatar can come complain they can’t kill rares in Mechagon with their inflated health pools? Awesome idea.

Summons from the Deep are almost always in the same spot, center of the map. Haven’t seen them in the other spawn points since the PTR. So if you want it so bad, for the manapearls or whatever, just hang out near the center of the map. Everyone gets the flavor text about the air chilling as Azshara’s blah blah, if you’re close-by you can have a chance at the event.

It shouldn’t last so long that a group engages it and you have time to whistle/fly to the nearest spot, then travel to the event, and still tag it before it’s killed.

Incidentally, after July 9 when the raid and M+ season starts, the outdoor zones will be far less populated with 120s in 415+ gear that wipe out rares in a matter of seconds. Get all your rares then, it’s only 10 days out.

Yes but they have it backwards. No flying yet in Naz so less people can get to them fast enough, they should make the Mecha ones stronger so the masses with their jetpacks can get to them when they are still alive and once flying is up in Naz you will find more players getting to them faster.

Once flying is up you’ll find a lot less players in both those zones. They’re not fun at all.

Exception: PvP is fun in those zones, but again because everyone is in them at the moment.

And to top this off I just hit a rare, got 3 hits in according to my log and got no loot, no way to loot the body, no auto loot, nothing.

I took a screenshot too, but fat luck that will do me with these GM’s.

There are several rares that can be summoned. If you’re frustrated over “free” rares dying so quickly, empower yourself, use your resources to build the requisite items, and summon them.

1 Like

Ive found people to be super friendly on Mechagon. I’ve asked people to wait on rares because my friends were on their way and people have just tagged and waited pretty much every time. If someone calls out a rare, ask in /1 if they can wait and tell them you’re on the way.

better solution for mechagon rares just put hem on a 5-10min respawn timer , loot from hem is already locked to once a day per toon so who cares if they respawn fast since you cant spam kill it for loot anyway , pointless long wait for hem atm for nothing like for rustfeather and harvester for example…

2 Likes

I agree. I think this is another example of RNG on top of RNG.

“unknown spawn timer”
“quickly dies”
and on top of that…
“loot isn’t guaranteed”

As far as I can recall all other Rares that have unpredictable and long spawn timers at least had guaranteed mount drops.