Rare Pet Up

Greetings fellow Hunters. I’m starting this thread to let everyone know when the following pets are up because since they are tied to a condition (WQ being up), it makes them pretty rare.

• Well-Fed Bear
    Why is it rare? Out of the four Well-fed animals from Legion, he’s the only one that keeps his name and when he’s up is completely random. I haven’t seen him in 2 weeks. Also, you have to be 75 in Legion cooking to see the three Val’sharah Slab of Bacon WQ.
  • Milden Mud Snout
    Why is it rare? Unique skin, unique name (keeps first, middle and last after tame), tied to the extremely rare WQ Milden Mud Snout.
  • Vilebone Ravager
    Why is it rare? - Unique skin, unique name (keeps first and last), only available when the WQ Agent of Death is up.
  • Beehemoth
    Why is it rare? - Unique skin and tied to the rare WQ Beehemoth.
  • Dunegorger Kraulok
    Why is it rare? - Unique skin, unique name (keeps first and last after tame) and only available every six weeks. Tied to the WQ Sandswept Bones.
  • Venomous Cobra
    Why is it rare? - Unique skin and tied to the rare WQ Fangcaller Xorreth
  • Sabertron
    Why is it rare? - Has a chance of spawning with one of three unique colors* and is tied to the extremely rare WQ Sabertron.
  • Twisted of Child Rezan
    Why is it rare? - As of 9.1 he now keeps his name after tame and tied to the rare WQ Twisted Child of Rezan
  • Tia’Kawan
    Why is it rare? - As of 9.1 she keeps her name and only available when the WQ Tia’Kawan is up.
  • Warren Mongrel
    Why is it rare? - Keeps name and only present when the daily quest Warren Mongrel is available.

If anyone knows of a daily or WQ rare that I missed, please let me know and I’ll add it to the list and look for it every day!

*Yellow is no longer a unique color. There is a tamable yellow mechanical cat in the dungeon Mechagon.

Update 2/11/2021: I’m no longer checking for the Spirit of Atha everyday but if you would like me to see if it’s up, I have a Mage with their hearth set to Sholazar Basin. Here’s other pets that my Mage can party sync with and allow you to tame:

Tovi#11582

25 Likes

Vilebone Ravager is up for the next 16 hours.

Sabertron yellow is also up for the next 15 minutes but don’t worry if you missed him. You can go tame a look-alike in Mechagon.

Edit: Fangcaller Xorreth is up for the next 23 hours.

4 Likes

Vilebone Ravager is up for the next 21 hours.

A Cleansing Song is up for the Spirit of Atha.

p.s. Hitting revered to open this daily up is no longer required. Just need friendly with the Oracles and you get that from doing the opening or switching sides quest.

Not tied to a WQ but the shadow croaker in Ardenwald is super rare. It only spawns in one location at random in the zone and has a strong stealth. When approached to closely it runs away and spawns in a new location in the zone. Has a Venthyr color pattern on one of the new leafy toad models.

1 Like

Yeah if he’s not tied to a WQ or daily I won’t announce but thank you for telling me. I generally only tame the rarest of rare pets and I’m going to add this guy to my collection!

A Cleansing Song is up for the Spirit of Atha .

p.s. Hitting revered to open this daily up is no longer required. Just need friendly with the Oracles and you get that from doing the opening or switching sides quest.

WQ Beehemoth is up for the next 16 hours.

Much obliged for this post, I love nabbing rare or unique color pets. Just nabbed Beehemoth, to go with Honeybuns the Queen Bee, XD

1 Like

After weeks of looking for this damn pet, the Well-Fed Bear is finally up.

And grats to Sewut on your new pet! I love Beehemoth and use her as my Animal Companion.

p.s The bear will be up for 3 days.

2 Likes

It still really makes me sad that Horde can’t have a Bee mount, would complete my entourage nicely. Honeybuns (Queen Bee), Beehemoth, Bee Mount, and Bumblebuns (Honey Bee battle pet). :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Vilebone Ravager is up for the next 11 hours.

How can you tame undead pets?

Roll Undead to get it from lvl 1 or find a book in Maldraxus that randomly drops, allowing your hunter to tame undead. BoP.

On my part, the tome dropped for me during a heroic Plaugefall run.

So, I’m assuming the book could drop in all the Maldraxxus instances.

1 Like

I went back to WOD to tame one of the rare as I was taming another alliance hinter came and kill it (I am horde) sigh.

Actually got mine from in the open world in Mald so it can drop anywhere, not just instances

Sabertron yellow is up. Kind of disappointing but just giving everyone a heads up in case you need to kill it!

23 hours

I’ve been told that the BoP book for taming undead can drop on any class, and can be used on any class to unlock the ability account-wide. Not sure how accurate that is as I’ve yet to get it on any character, but tossing that out there and someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

Vilebone Ravager is up for the next 12 hours.
Venomous Cobra is up for the next 20 hours.