Rare Elites in Zaralek Caverns and Forbidden Reach

I have to say the new hotfix that landed today was a big middle finger to all the wonderful feedback we’ve been giving the team that they themselves requested. Feels like not a single letter was looked at and they instead went with the original idea they themselves cooked up.

No ones going to go down there over supposed increased drop rates when A. They only show up for 15 minutes before noping out over no one playing with them. and B. They are completely unsoloable except by tanks and pet classes that still take 10+ minutes to kill one single rare down there.

17 Likes

A recent update from someone who decided to try to spawn camp a rare (yay we really love to spawn camp and waste our time don’t we!)

So apparently the rares in ZC pop up for 15 minutes then nope out for almost 7 hours or more when no one interacts with them? Is this the new norm? Because its highly unacceptable.

I am so disappointed in the fact our feedback was not listened to and on top of that spawn conditions were made far worse because someone somewhere thought “Ok so people aren’t actively killing them so they won’t mind if they don’t show up as often right?” WRONG! The reason people weren’t killing them is because you need a group to kill them. If they were soloable with a reasonable health pool we, and by we I mean the entire player base, wouldn’t be sitting here trying to have this conversation with you; the developers, on why everything you’ve done to Z. Caves and NOW Forbidden Reach was such a colossal mistake.

11 Likes

Make sure to keep it in context.
There are plenty of people that are happy with this alteration.
I am very happy that I can now finish collecting all the transmog off all the rares that previously dropped one item per 20+ group of people. You had to beg, offer up a cashier cheque for some of the drops.

If this is what Blizzard goes with in the future. I would truly hope its applied to current rares. I think I am close to 30 rares killed in Emerald dream with only 3 items dropping across all rares / all toons

Are you also happy that rares that despawn won’t spawn for another x hours because of their respawn timer? Because that doesn’t seem to be an easier way of collecting your transmog :slight_smile:

15 Likes

I think many of you have this idea that you need to be able to farm any item off any rare within a day or two.

The system is meant more to be a longer term acquistion. Flying by once every day and if it’s up should be an okay way of life until you get the item. If it takes 2-4 weeks. Why is that terrible?

This game isn’t about instant satisfaction. Many think it is. Which is why I see so many complaints that it’s not in line with that thinking.

It’s terrible because it adds a layer of RNG on top of RNG.

“Let me fly to Zaralek to maybe see the rare, to maybe get the item I want… oh wait it respawned because noone was near it and now I have to wait 8 hours

This doesn’t strike me as fun game play.

18 Likes

What you’re explaining to me is that you’re just now realizing what World of Warcraft is.
This has been the game for decades in many regards.

Maybe that’s not very insightful or useful information on my part. I just don’t understand how you can make an argument about the quality of the game when you don’t seem to understand it.

Of course it’s not fun. It’s not jump out of a plane, get smashed with your friends, superbowl party, F.U.N.
It is what the essence of this game is.

If you want a shift from that, that’s one thing.
I can understand that point of view. Telling people that changes needs to happen based on not having fun is just bad logistics.

If you really want a conversation on how to increase the enjoyment out of this and many other processes in game. Give examples. I haven’t seen any from any person in the last 6 months when they make this argument or claim. It’s, fix this. Thanks.

That doesn’t make it a good system, and most of the shadowlands rares actually had a decent spawnrate, Dragonflight just went back on that.

What makes you think I dont understand it? Like you I’ve been around since the start, I know what I do not like and I know what I like, and I am pushing for change, and it’s being empowered by people who see it the same way as I do… This quote is actually a really weird thing to say and, to be honest kind of insulting.

The essence of the game is having things that are… not fun? I don’t think irl retorics are appropiate here, since neither of the things you list are actually based off RNG on RNG where you have to also wait for hours on end.

I think "I’m not having fun doing this in a video game because of X, is actually really good feedback, a game should be about having fun.

So, just taking this subject as an example, I took 10 minutes out of my time to find a few where people give solutions, or examples. Let me help you:

18 Likes

I actually don’t have an issue with the change to the rare spawns in ZC — since I’m still used to the old rare spawning system of Vanilla — but there is one (and only one) thing which annoys me about this situation.

The massive health pools on those rares. If they’re gonna be up for only 15 minutes, then it probably shouldn’t take 5-10 minutes to kill them solo.

And that’s my two cents.

9 Likes

Excuse me while I find the receipts:

March 23rd: My first post about rares, how they spawn, and how I think something should be changed:

April 10th: This is where I get into discussion about Dragonflight in particular:

June 3rd after the first hotfix fail; I call them out on the fact that the droprates were not increased using an example. They literally only took the example and said “all was well” when it wasn’t.:

Jul 18th: Over a month after the first hotfix I once again reiterated that this change was going to kill Zaralek Caverns as a whole and that the tell tale signs of said death of the zone were already starting to be felt:

It some of these threads I made suggestions on change. Some of them were simply created to drum up discussion on potential points of change and guess what? They did. To say we were all clamoring “Fix this! Fix this!” without giving our words on why or how we’d like to see them fix is extremally false and someone who has been frequent both here and the GD , the only time I’ve seen you post in the GD is when your posts get linked in threads because like some sort of knight you have to come defend your honor.

I have been talking about rares, their spawn rates, THE WHOLE SYSTEM for my entire tenure as a Community Council member. To say you haven’t seen anyone discussing the matters in the past 6 months, I say to you, you must be blind. I don’t know how you don’t go to the GD every day to see the hot topics and not see a few talking about a certain system.

I’d also like to point out that these are all just my posts. Naamah, a more regular advocate than I, has made many more. Again I say to you, you must blind.

20 Likes

You are completely misunderstanding what I’m saying.
I’m talking in general.
Let me reiterate.

The vast majority of all people I see do not talk constructively about these topics. You guys keep thinking I’m replying to you, about you, for you.

I’m referring to systems, groups, communities. What I say isn’t all literal. It’s not just face value. I can’t even begin to be dumbfounded by that wall of texting that is supposed to put me in a place that I didn’t even know Ravij was in this conversation.

The fact that you guys are talking about these things in depth and have repeated yourselves does not reflect on every single comment I make in every thread. This isn’t the first time I’ve been accused of saying things that aren’t being read in the right manner. It’s my fault for thinking my comments are going to be considered on different levels and not word for word in your context.

Half the time I wonder why such accusations are put into a reply to me, the context is lost completely. I must not be conveying what I mean in an appropriate manner.

Because you’re accusing people, not just us, of not offering opinions on how to fix things when you just walk into a thread without reading through it.

Half the things we’ve been offering as potential fixes to a bad change have been echo’d or proposed by non CC people. We all, as a community, have collectively agreed on a course of action and you’re acting like no one outside the CC has said anything of value.

I feel it’s one of our duties being on the Community Council to help get people’s opinions heard not just our own. Also not everyone has to give their idea on how a change can be better handled, simply saying “Revert it back to how it was” is just as valid as offering an idea on a fix and there has been a LOT of that in the threads I frequent.

12 Likes

I wholeheartedly have no idea where you got these notions. I’ve never said anything remotely similar to this. Your interpretations of what I’ve been saying have been wrong so many times now. You and a few others put words in my mouth repeatedly. I’m saying this now to clear the air because I’m a bit tired of it.

I’m not here to explain everything I say or do as though I’m right. I’m not, it’s just opinion and fact based on other people I talk to and meet. When you tell me I’m wrong or tell entire threads “literally nobody”.
I am explaining you guys that’s not true. I’m sharing how and why other players, like myself. Can see beneficial change in systems regardless of your agreement with them.
It has to be my fault for speaking about what I’m saying in a context you’re not familar with or I’m misrepresenting what I mean

Going to quote what you said earlier; the whole last paragraph:

You wrote this like we hadn’t been giving exactlly that kind of feedback for months. You claimed in the last 6 months you hadn’t seen anyone suggest how to change the system and I displayed every thread I’d ever posted with the feedback I was giving starting in March. This is what I, personally, am calling you out on.

In another aspect, I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you’re like me when it comes to speaking on public forums and have difficulties speaking what’s directly on your mind and typing words that will get your point across. I have a hell of a time trying to explain myself in topics that I’m being accused of things while trying to prove those accusations wrong. My thoughts gets flustered and I can’t type right to try to speak my mind. So for now I will back off on the topic and finger pointing because I can understand you’re getting frustrated trying to defend yourself (I’ve been there.) But in all my time of dealing with the same things, sometimes not responding is a valid reaction for your own personal emotions and mental health. You don’t owe anyone a response, especially if they are hard disagreeing with you and it’s affecting you this way.

I’ve adopted the stance of “I’m going to leave the discussion because neither of us are going to change each others minds and I’m ok with that being the end of it.”

Editing for wrong word usage and adding one extra line.

18 Likes

I did say that. You and the other C.C.s that went against me in the discussion didnt realise I didnt mean -literally nobody-
It was meant as an assertion that the vast amount of people dont.
I feel its extremely obvious that a person that says something like that isnt being for real in the sense you guys brought up.

Of course there are discussions happening everywhere. For, against, pros, con.
How does that need a plot in the conversation. Instead of saying “should” I say “need” and get blasted over situations instead of those people just realizing its probably not so literal that everyone is wrong when he says that. Nobody does this or that.

With all due respect Reconbravo, there are times where I struggle understanding if you’re aiming something at me or just in general, like the quote below, this raised some eyebrows for me.

Plus, you are dealing with people like myself, whose main language isn’t English.

Besides that, I don’t think it’s wise to publicly accuse the community that they’re not providing feedback, come up with solutions… you name it, especially when you’re part of the CC.

Now, I do think that if we want to continue this discussion, we should do so on Discord, GD people has seen enough of our dirty laundry :wink: and lets get back to talking about rare spawning.

22 Likes

To pull the conversation back to Zaralek Caverns there’s been some unsettling reports that rares are despawning WHILE people are engaged in a solo fight with them. I think whatever you did when you “hotfixed” the zone on the 22nd or 28th to make them despawn in 15 mins literally makes them despawn even if someone is engaged with it already or not.

13 Likes

They really need to undue the “Hotfixes” they’ve done to these zones in regards to the Special Encounter/Rare spawning that occurs. They additionally need to make the special encounters/rares soloable by the least common denominator class/spec AND need to keep the boost to the drop rates of items.

This Especially needs to occur if, I’m seriously not surprised here that it’s occurring, they are de-spawning mid-fight with a player actually attempting to solo them for 10-15 minutes.

It’s not like we’re requesting that you launch an entire rocket into space. It’s a simple ask, with a simple solution. Literally, not rocket science.

Ediit: Change is as easy as going from “HP = 16M” to “HP = 2M” and going from “Damage = Dump Truck” to “Damage = Trail 90”

14 Likes

Great system, just amazing, 10/10

2 Likes

When is the current bug for the Flight Paths not operating for leaving the Caverns going to be fixed? Or was this another intentional move for this zone?

5 Likes