Ranking/pvp RP gains seems to be wrong. (SOM)

same for us, Shadowstrike Horde

if they arent going to fix ranks as well, i have no interest. I pushed 60 and started BGs week 1 and did them all of week 2. Not just losing out on 2 weeks because blizz doesnt know how to do their job

2 Likes

Yeah, this was called out last week but people assumed it was the decay.

They probably forgot to change something in the code on the release. It wouldn’t be the first time.

Hopefully it gets taken care of.

5 Likes

The idea of half decay was baseless, it was infinitely more likely that blizzard didn’t care enough OR wasn’t competent enough to implement these changes. I assumed it was possible that they forgot week 1 and it would be fixed week 2, but I guess I’ll have to wait until my character updates to be 100% sure.

2 Likes

This means that there is 10% decay. It matches with where you should be right now with 10% decay.

These are the max ranks you can get each week with 10% decay:

• Week 1 = 4
  • Week 2 = 6
  • Week 3 = 9
  • Week 4 = 10
  • Week 5 = 12
  • Week 6 = 14

It seems to be correct to me, assuming 10% decay. To be honest, there aren’t much differences between 10% decay or 20% decay for the first couple of weeks. You won’t notice a difference really until week 3 or 4.

I’ve been saying all along they botched this.

I also broke down their changes demonstrating without question the link between decay and rate factors. The 10% claim has always been baseless (“this sounds like half decay”) wishful thinking from the supporters, I’m sorry but it’s true. You’ll find nothing of substance to say otherwise.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/pvp-decay-clarification/1128538

10% decay accomplishes 6 week ranking to R14 and fits the data so far from people ranking.

Your “formula” doesn’t.

1 Like

No body has posted there last week and this week to yet?

They have.

No theyve posted their standings. No hard rp numbers here Bob.

They said their progress percentages…

I said rp bob

I told you my RP for lastweek was 11902 this week i assume was almost the same as I was the same standing

Would be good to get more data from standing 1 players but main goal from post is to get some info from blizzard. It could be accurate as you said and will be more noticable later.

Can you post your RP this week? So we can figure out the decay exactly?

It certainly does, hahaha embarrassing on your part.

Your formula is wrong KEKW.

It’s all laid out there, if you can’t wrap your head around it then that’s on you.

It’s the EXACT same thing as the contents of the blue post. There is no wiggle room here.

Can’t see it till tomorrow but 11902 - 20% = 9521.6
9521.6 + 11902 (this weeks rp estimate may be a litte higher) = 21423.6
rank 6 45% is roughly 22000 RP so seems to me like 20% decay is still in

2 Likes

THey aren’t giving 2x RP and never said they were though… So wrong…

1 Like