Range dps choice

I’m wanting a range dps alt and I’m thinking either hunter or warlock. I like having a pet so it’s got to be one of these. What one will get into groups more?

I always advocate for playing what you most enjoy, but I also understand the concern for wanting to play something that will have an easier time getting into groups. Since neither can tank/heal, the group finding could be tough for either of them at times. Just to be up front with you.

Getting into groups for M+? Probably hunter. Always one spec doing well, and they can bring lust if the group doesn’t have it.

Raid? Both are probably at the same level here. Turtle is nice on a hunter to ignore some mechanics entirely, but not super necessary. Locks are probably a bit more rare than hunters. For every 1 lock in a raid, there’s likely 3 hunters lol. If you’re pugging a raid, a lock summoning closet alone is probably more utility since people dip in and out of pugs lol.

Since you’re asking between 2 pure DPS classes, I vote you just play whichever you enjoy more!

Shadow priest… we have mindbender pet every minute :smiley:.

Between the two honestly both are fine, warlocks especially destruction has good AoE and Hunters recently got buffed.

The mage

If you raid? Hunter.

The chance at a current content legendary weap is too good to pass up.

The last legendary weapons to even exist came out in WRATH!

If you’re planning on pug raiding warlock probably has a better chance at invite. Hunter seems to have a bad rep so far this expansion. That said I ready enjoying playing this hunter. It fits my play style right now. I can choose between playing my spec correctly in groups or just mashing keys in solo play and make out pretty well.

Never underestimate the power to summon people who are too lazy to actually run to the dungeon or raid.

1 Like