Range checks on enemies still disabled. Hotfix when?

Continuing the discussion from Blind accessability, range sound notifications blocked by blizzard:

Kaivax asserted that this change would be partially reverted in this thread nearly two weeks ago. The initial hotfix appeared without advance notice and to poor reception, when can we expect the hotfix to bring back enemy range tracking?

I’m not a part of the blind community but I use this functionality regularly to give me an obvious warning when I’ve left melee range, as it can be quite difficult to see or hear my abilities failing to connect with so many effects on the ground and sounds occurring during combat.

2 Likes

It was probably caught in the cross fire Blizzard has with certain raid mods.

I’m not under any illusion as to why the initial change may have been made, but we’ve since had an official blue post (the linked thread) that the change was going to be partially reverted in favor of allowing enemy range checking while continuing to restrict friendly range checks.

However, it has been nearly two weeks with no further mention, and no hotfix delivering on that promise.

1 Like