Random Suspension No Email/Warning

You would need to appeal via a ticket, and when you appeal make sure to mention you did not receive a email informing you of the suspension. You could try logging into account management, but I do not recall if they include suspension reasons there.

4 Likes

Thank you, I just find it very very strange that I did not say ANYTHING or do anything egregious as I watch the things I say in WoW. Maybe it was a trade chat spam by accident? Idek all I know is I literally have not had anything like this since SL szn 2 and there was at least a chat ban. This went straight to suspension no warning. Is it automated???

Past account actions are taken into account for current account actions. Regardless of it happening two or more years ago, it will have an impact on the next and other account actions.

They don’t randomly action folks for the lolz.

3 Likes

Run spam - yes, this really doesn’t look accidental.

Also being in trade chat.

The only reason this is so long is due to previous social infractions.

You have two appeals open, but I cannot say if this will be overturned as the notes are fairly clear it did indeed happen.

3 Likes

It still makes 0 sense since I have done literally NOTHING wrong and havent had a warning or a ToS acceptance or anything like that. It just randomly suspended me with no email either.
I checked spam and junk. Nothing.

Did you advertise gold runs in trade?

4 Likes

Wait. U cant advertise in trade??? I didnt know that. I thought it counted the same as trade services??? and my guildies as well did this…

I believe that’s a channel soley for ads, trade isn’t one of them.

4 Likes

I didnt know that!!! :expressionless: I dont have any bots or anything, just a macro. I didnt knwo at all. Like this is legit the first time I have gotten in trouble for this. I didnt know it was changed in 9.2.7? I didnt even know it was against the rules…

1 Like

It does not matter if you did not know. At least you now know going forward you wont advertise runs in trade.

I really didn’t know about not posting in Trade Chat… Will this be considered at all in an appeal? Like I understand I hit my macro too many times, but I wasn’t intending to flood trade, there’s so many other people doing it, I just wanted my post to be seen… My guildie also hit it a bunch of times too, but he had no actions on his account. But he’s also Alliacne on a Horde server… so I don’t know :frowning: I really don’t want a 14 day off of just not knowing about the trade chat thing. The spam I understand completely…

On appeal they just make sure the logs show what was the suspension is for. If any mistakes where made. I do not think they would consider that you did not know about posting in trade.

I guess that makes sense. I mean I get it, but there’s no human leeway? Like I really didn’t know… and I didn’t want to get considered for spam either :\ this whole situation is such a mess. I’m going to lose everything… ugh.

Honestly if ur spamming just to be seen above others its deserved no one likes mass spam just because others are speeding doesnt make it right for you to go faster even if your not aware of the rules.

this is the first time ive posted anything like that in trade chat ever and it was for 2 days total, maybe for a total of an hour. I get it though and you’re right, I just really didn’t know. There’s thousands of people on Zul’Jin and 100s of posts a minute, so maybe I shouldn’t have hit that macro. But I really didn’t know about the trade chat rule…

To be fair u had previous penalties that factored into the length that were either not apealed or apealed and denied those black marks dont go away.

I deserved everything from the past, I will not disagree that, but this is a complete and total accident. I really didn’t know you couldn’t post in there. And this is the longest suspension I will be facing now as well. :confused: It was a complete accident as I didn’t know man.

Social sanctions stack and usually double. And those black marks don’t fade away. If you had a one week suspension two years ago, this is the stacking punishment as a result of those previous sanctions.

The information has been out there. Unfortunately, if you don’t bother doing your research, that is still on you for not knowing. Only time will tell what your appeals bring about, but with your previous record? I would brace yourself for the game vacation.

And just because your friend hasn’t gotten hit yet with something doesn’t mean they’re in the clear. Sometimes it takes time for the investigations and reports to catch up. But they usually will catch up eventually.

1 Like

I guess so, Leilleath. I mean I understand the sanctions, but the last thing I did I definitely did do something. I just wish there was room for human error because this was 100% an accident and you’re right I shouldv’e researched, but I didn’t think I would be immediately suspended. :confused: I didn’t know… I just didn’t know…

It’s a hard lesson learned, I’m afraid. Room for human error would be exploited out the wazoo. That’s a very sad fact of the matter. They keep sanctions and rules that they hold everyone to as uniformly as they possibly can just so no one person can be seen as having been given some sort of special treatment.

I am sorry, for what it’s worth. Please do keep your appeals open. In case you were unaware, you can appeal and appeal again until they warn you that no more appeals will be accepted. Good luck with your appeals, and at the worst, hopefully the time off will pass quickly for you.

1 Like