Random Pulling Mobs Since Tuesday

Yup, happening in raid all the time. I am sick of the crappy testing being done for this game.

Triggers auto attack and always has as far as I can remember, for every single class in the game. What you’ve probably done is right clicked the boss from afar, outside of autoshot range, then as you’re moving up to start the fight with a boss, you’re shooting the queued autoshot while running, buttpulling the boss. 100% on your end. Don’t use right click to target.

sorry about that i edited it. its when tabbing or left clicking. i wrote right for some reason. yea right clicking will do that which is why i never right click. but since tuesday its been happening when you tab the target / boss before pull. or Left click on him to target before pull and you toon will auto attack.

1 Like

Sounds to me like you’re using macros within WoW or external macros from things like mouse/keyboard softwares. If it’s not that, reset your WoW binds to default and/or try a different mouse and keyboard. Check to make sure you’re not using click casting on an ability (the new mouseover stuff in WoW ESC>Keybinds>!Clickcasting down in the bottom left of the window)

I’ve never once seen this happen in all of WoW and I’ve been playing since the beta for vanilla. I probably have at least a couple hundred days /played between hunters. Tab has never autofired a hunter arrow, neither has left click.

yea its odd for sure. i have never seen it happened before. its just odd that it would be happening to other hunters as well. i talked to maybe 8-9 hunters in game about. and they say it happened to them as well. it dont happen 100% of the time but it has happened to me around 4-5 times since tuesday. same with the other hunters.

the 1st time it started i knew it wasnt me and we all figured it was a bug. then i just starting using tab to target to put hunters mark on and then that started attacking as well.

same goes for other hunters i talked to. and none of them had this problem either before tuesday.

Yes this has happened to myself and another hunter in my raid since the patch. It doesn’t happen everytime, though. Its completely weird.

Well considering how hunters are one of the most played classes in the game, if it were an actual issue, you’d be seeing hundreds of posts about this issue. I’m almost positive that you guys are all using or doing something in common. Like I said, it’s likely a WoW macro/clickcast or external macro issue. Also, due to hunters being one of the most played classes, there are a lot of external “one button” dps scripts that people run, so it could be that people are just using the same script that has a bug in it(they are considered botting and will get people banned btw).

All I know is that I tested for hours and not once did I have the issue. I also asked a bunch of hunter friends about it on discord and not a single one of them had the issue either.

well as i stated and as the other hunter here stated. it happens rarely. like in the raid the other day it happened to me 2 times and another hunter 1 time. the next raid it happened to us both again. the few hunters i was speaking to said it happened to them a handful of times.

i was just talking to one of the hunters to ask him where it happened and he said in sotfo raid which is where it happened to us as well.

we dont have any click cast. we dont have any external macros. we dont have any external “one button” scripts, however it is very nice of you to accuse people of “botting / hacking” when we are simply pointing out a weird bug.

i to have been playing since beta. i have almost 300 toons. i have 52 hunters. i know when something is wrong.

sorry for pointing out a bug thats only been happening since tuesday when absolutely nothing has changed on our ends. dont have time for this crap. /end thread please, done here.

we had 7 different hunters in raid have this happen. I hadnt had the issue happen to me until later in the night. Thanks to the troll saying it was probably just us…go play the game or something. It is a bug and needs to get looked at.

Still sound like a handful of people that had the boss targeted and hit a button or a macro, whether it’s a WoW macro or some external macro, while out of range, then moved up not realizing autoshot was going.

Left clicking on a mob will not make you attack ever, unless you’ve used the new clickcast feature and have an ability bound to it. Tab target will never make you attack a mob ever, unless you’ve used a macro that has targeting functionality built in, in which case, it isn’t tab target as in the keyboard key tab (or w/e non-default bind you might use).

Asked another couple dozen friends, that play hunters, and none of them have experienced this issue either and a handful of them are no-lifers that play 12 hours a day.

Sorry, this just simply isn’t a bug. If you really aren’t using weird binds/macros/external keyboard+mouse software, then you need to rename your wtf/interface folders, do a full client repair and reset, /console cvar_default, make sure NO external softwares are running like Razer Synapse/Corsair iCue/Logitech Ghub/Autohotkey/etc and test again.

This is an issue and all over the hunter discords and has been happening since patch went live.

4 Likes

Azortharion actually has a temporary macro “fix” for it in his discord that will stop this from happening until bliz fix it in game.

1 Like

https://imgur.com/a/UwyaDxw

Yeeaaah… Things are starting to make a bit more sense now based on these search suggestions on a topic I’ve never looked up before… :roll_eyes:

Hence it being a bug…
Just because you don’t believe it doesn’t make it not true. This isn’t the only post about it number one, there are many posts in the forums and discord. Also one of the most well known hunters in the game doesn’t come up with a temporary fix for something that isn’t a real thing. I have experienced it many times and witnessed it happening to other hunters as well. Thanks for your input but we’re looking for a real fix. Enjoy your day.

1 Like

And after a lot of time of testing this supposed bug, and having the input of several dozen other people, none of us have seen the supposed bug. That supposed “well known” hunter also helps work on one button macros, which aren’t supported by the game and in the gray area of the ToS. The very small percentage of hunters complaining about it are likely all doing the same thing: Using similar “tools” to play the game. I’ll state it again: If this were such a widespread bug, you’d see hundreds to thousands of posts on here about it. Any time there’s been some big bug that messes with hunters, these forums get slammed with them posting about it.

I went ahead and tested yet again, spamming the tab button and left click on mobs, multiple times per second and for many minutes straight, and not once did it ever make me attack them.

How about this suggestion that will actually help the thread and help blues chase down this “bug:” Get video proof of it happening where we can see your action bars to make sure that you’re not accidentally pressing other buttons without realizing it. That way we can do a frame by frame analysis to watch for what’s going on with the action bars because they will light up even if you don’t cast something or as you’re spamming a button waiting for something to come off CD.

Let’s see… applying Hunter’s Mark pre pull. 1 button. No macro or addon involved. Sometimes triggers auto shot. Tab targeting boss pre pull, no macros or addon involved in that. Just the tab button. Sometimes triggers auto shot. Left clicking boss. Normal mouse, no macros involved in that. Sometimes trigger auto shot.

None of these actions involve macros or addons. None of these things happened At All pre patch. Yet continue to happen since. I don’t use any one button macros, rotation addons or anything else to play the game for me, yet it still happens. And happens to others in my raid group and plenty of others posting about it. To think that everyone experiencing the issue is doing/using the same macro/addon/ui/whatever is a little ridiculous. That’s quite the coincidence. This forum is full of bugs that don’t affect everyone yet you decide to call shenanigans on this one just because you personally haven’t experienced it. There are plenty of people that have and still are. Thanks.

3 Likes

Then prove it with video proof of it happening. If it works on a boss, then it will work on mobs or target dummies. These claims are useless without proof.

Also, make sure you didn’t bind your attack button to something else that you’re accidentally hitting when you reach for your buttons. Do a full client reset and reset all keybindings. Lots of people just go download UI packages because they are labeled stuff like “Ultra max extreme bestest dps hunter UI that you can’t possible beat the game without.” They then blindly overwrite their config files and addon save files, without double checking exactly what it’s changing.

So again, rename your interface and WTF folders, log in, run /console cvar_default (it will throw an error, but it still works), configure your graphics settings, log out, close the client, relog back in and see if the issue persists.

Can confirm I am also having this issue. Night Fae BM Hunter. Started with the patch last Tuesday.
This only happens on M Halondrus. Sometimes after a couple of pulls. Targetting boss with left click and sometimes tab targetting causes my character to auto-shot instantly.

If I move far away and target the boss, I get the “You are too far away.” red message, meaning my character tried to attack. After this the bug doesn’t occur until after wiping.

For all of you others having this issue please post under what circumstances this happens. Did a farm re-clear today and it only started happening until my 3rd M Halondrus pull. I have not been able to replicate it outside of that encounter.

1 Like

This clown in the thread who’s so sure it’s not a bug because they talked to their “dozens of friends” doesn’t know what they’re talking about. It’s a bug, there’s been many posts about it already, and it’s happened in the game in the past.

This bug happened to me and another hunter in mythic Sepulcher tonight. Left click and applying hunters mark would sometimes trigger an auto shot, pulling the boss. I hope it gets fixed soon so we don’t have to face the wall until the boss is pulled :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just gonna leave this here. Enjoy your day.

5 Likes