Random game freezes after patch

Yes, keep in mind that your fps might drop as well by using legacy but your GPU drivers might not crash.

This isn’t really a “solution” - it seems to work, but Blizz needs to take a look at this. It definitely makes everything look quite a bit worse. Btw, if anyone’s interested - this is the error associated with it:

Memory corrupted – delete -1

<Exception.IssueType> Exception
Crash
Exception.Summary:
ERROR #123 (0x8510007b) This memory block has been corrupted by an out-of-bounds memory write.
Memory corrupted – delete -1
<:Exception.Summary>

3 Likes

Exactly this… It’s the talking head and opening character panel bug all over again causing lock ups. They silently hot fixed it a couple months ago so we cant even point it out to them…

1 Like

Thank you to everyone who suggested changing to "Direct X 11 Legacy "- this fixes the freezing, however the game runs like crap still. My FPS has dropped by 20-30 maybe even more. Blizz need to fix this. My CPU and memory usage is also through the roof.

It’s actually a disgrace that the multi-threaded DX11 setting is so massively unstable on Windows (8.1 in my case).

Like literally flying from the Great Seal to the boat repeatedly over about a 20 minute span caused my display driver to crash and recover 15 times.

Changing the setting to the single threaded DX11 option made it all go away.

I can’t even say for sure what it was set to before the 400MB patch. It was perfectly stable before the patch but the game client likes to change settings on its own without being told to.

For people not aware of the nvidia issue

they fixed it but this patch broke it yet again, what was causing it? no idea… they hotfixed it suddenly and we had no further issues after yesterdays patch the fix broke or rolled to the client patch without the fix.

aside from other issues as well, there’s nothing you can do about this issue it’s not your drivers or hardware… it’s something that they have to re fix with the game.

1 Like

Pls fix it , blizzard ! The workaround is unplayable for me which is with Direct X 11 Legacy . The fps drop spikes even in the dungeons .

Same problem here me friend! Game freezes since the patch was instaled, happens to me 5 times in about 2 hours, tue game freezes for about 20 seconds, then my computer freezes too, have to hard reset, i didnt have this problem before the patch… They keep sayin that is our grapich card and our memory, but is really strange those freezes happenin after the PATCH 8.3.7, again after a patch… The game is unplayble and i need a solution and a hot fix for blizzard right now… Thinkin about stop playin… im really sad.

1 Like

Having the same problem. First noticed it in the middle of a M+ dungeon. Not optimal during a quaking and sanguine week to be locking up for 5-10 seconds at a time.

DX11 legacy fixes it, but is a terrible workaround due to massive performance drop. I eventually completely crashed after a few dungeons on DX11 legacy due to a memory leak, which may be a separate issue in itself. Everything was working just fine before the patch.

2 Likes

I’m pretty cranky about it this time around. Everyone is going to have to go through all the same trouble shooting we did when it happened the first time around before they will start to take a look at this. We’ve experienced this exact same problem before for months before they fixed it. And it was a silent hotfix so we cant even point it out to them.
Hopefully a blue takes a walk around the office and talks to some of the dev’s too see if they remember the problem and how to fix it.

Key word: Talking Head Freeze.

What is really sad is the customer had to find their own work-around for something that Blizz created. So,now if I want to play the game i have to sacrifice fps so I don’t freeze up every few secs.
I was working fine until they released the last patch. My daddy always said"If its not broke,don’t fix it"
And here we are 24+hours later and still no fix from Blizz.
Wish I had known,would not have bothered re-subbing for awhile.

Agreed. My game was freezing every 20-30 seconds until I switched to DirectX 11 Legacy. It doesn’t freeze anymore but it still sputters. This isn’t a fix. It is just a bandaid. Blizzard needs to take a look.

Does anyone else’s mouse ‘jitter’ when they right-click when using DirectX 11 Legacy? I’ve never had this problem before now. I’ll try to right click on an NPC, and the mouse will like vibrate around him and I won’t be able to move it until it stops. It doesn’t happen every time, but it’s pretty often.

It does , Dirtier . But it’s not because of changing DirectX 11 Legacy . It’s just another bug they have to fix . Most of us are suffering because of it now , either .
It’s double trouble for me because I have to deal with both terrible fps issue & this mouse struggle !!! :’(

I still use DX12 and the game messes my mouse pointer up. Most annoying.

i’ve done the switch down to legacy directx11 awhile back.

even just before the recent patch, on occasion right after logging onto a character, the WoW window would freeze and show (not responding) in the title bar. each freeze up is while Carbonite quest addon is loading background quest data.

I just want to know if Bliz is actually paying attention to this issue since it isn’t listed in the “known” issues.

1 Like

I have never had any mouse issues. Until Windows 10 2004. After updating, dragging and dropping files in file manager with the right mouse button has become almost impossible for me. It is like when I press the right button, it moves the mouse preventing you from moving the files. I also started getting many errors, just sound, and nothing recorded in a log.

My mouse issues came with a windows update, not a blizzard update.

edit I don’t mean sound errors, the error sound, du-du-doop kinda one. Started hearing that many times a day.

I’m curious about this as well. No Blue Post and not listed in known issues. This happening to me as well. My game freezes every 20 secs for 5-10 seconds. I keep logging in to see if it’s fixed yet and it’s not. I’d just like to know if they are aware and working on it?

1 Like

I have an AMD R9 390 and the game causes a complete black screen and freezes computer, need to hard reboot to use comp again. Everything was perfectly fine prior to patch 8.3.7. Been happening ever since. Blizz please look into this, we would like to play the game we are paying for.

PS I have tried using DirectX 12, 11 and 11 Legacy and tried complete clean uninstall of AMD software and driver and this is still happening.

1 Like