Random freezes since Season 4 patch

Something very strange has been happening lately. Only since season 4 started, I have been having occasional hard lockups of just wow. I use multi monitors and when wow locks up I can move my mouse, go to discord, type, talk in chat, use web browser, whatever. But if I move my mouse over wow it is a blue spinning circle and the window frame shows up as not responding.

I have been trying to fix this for 2 days now and done everything I can think of. Here is the list;

Updated ALL drivers (Clean install for display)
Updated motherboard bios
repair of wow install (no corruption found)
DISM repairs/SFC/Chkdsk (no corruption or errors found)
Did a repair reinstall for windows 11 anyway because I was desperate

And still it happens. I used to stream and have plenty of streams for 3-4 hours at a time with no issues, and then my first stream on tuesday patch day had at least 1 or 2 lockups an hour.

Ideas? Anyone else having this?! Let me know if you need any more info or anything that I can help by providing.

1 Like

Any DxDiag or MSInfo to share?

Not sure how to attach the .nfo file, how can I get you that?

https://pastebin.com/vJe0MnrZ

It procced their spam filter and only let me paste it as private, can you access this link?

I think I am also having this issue and it only started the first week of Season 4. It mostly happens at the start of raid or dungeon boss fights (Going off my I’ve had it happen in Nighthold on both Spellblade Aluriel and Gul’dan and in Tazavesh I have disconnected on Zo’phex the Sentinel and P.O.S.T. Master.) but these aren’t the only fights or places I have experienced this freeze then crash. I have even had it happen right after logging. Sometimes before it happens some assets seem to stop loading or updating such as my own portrait not updating after using Soulshape to go back to my regular appearance or spell effects no longer appearing at all.

After freezing I’ve had two occasions where leaving the window open resulted in it unfreezing after about four minutes but I have no been able to replicate that more times. Like Plaguepapa every other game and application is fine for me.

My DxDiag is too long to post so here’s the pastebin to it: https://pastebin.com/bCnQCpJF

Nope. But the issue is likely one of these apps:

Problem signature:
P1: NhNotifSys.exe

Nahmic Audio Suite, a very common culprit for game-related problems. Reinstalling or removing may help.

Problem signature:
P1: Aac3572MbHal_x86.exe

ASUS ROG management software

Problem signature:
P1: aida_bench64.dll

I don’t know much about this, but it seems like optimization software? I generally steer clear of this bloatware.

Your drives don’t have enough space to function properly, they need 15% free space. Additionally, your GPU driver is 7 months out of date.

Thank you! I will remove that software now and hope for the best. Aida64 was a stress test I was running to check temps/overclocking to see if things were stable and it crashed once when I was checking a higher clock. I backed down already on that. I will get rid of nahmic and asus though!

Thank you for the advice. I can make space in my drives but I am hesitate to download the newest GPU drivers because there have been errors with another game I have been playing Destiny 2. If the issue continues or they put out a better update I will definitely look into updating my GPU.

Hi there again Elocin! I just wanted to follow up and say that this worked! Today has been the first day since season 4 started that I’ve played all day with no lockups or lag. I went a step farther after removing all nahimic/sonic studio stuff and disabled inboard audio on my motherboard too since I use a USB headset anyway. All problems solved!

1 Like

Glad to hear it. Thank you for marking the solution, appreciate you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.