Random Dungeon leveling is in a pathetic state

I just retuned to wow and so started leveling a fresh character.

LFG used to be challenging but now its literally the dumbest/easiest thing in the world for leveling.

After multiple LFGs - I saw the tank literally pull all the mobs and kill them almost instantly.

The tank was killing bosses in less than 3 seconds. My DBM said he killed 1 of the bosses in 0.93 seconds!

The DPS just followed the tank and we did nothing other than get XP.

This was not fun. From years of wow experience - I must say this is unacceptable. I have never witnessed such a waste of my time ever. I LFG to do some damage - not follow a tank.

I have no idea what blizzard did to this game but they have wrecked it in so many ways.

This is really tempting me to just abandon the game altogether. I skipped shadowlands, I played some of BOA. And most of BC/WOTLK/MOP/WOD then took a break.

I returned to a game that is no longer a challenge.

2 Likes

You’ll want to click the pencil icon to edit and move your post to the Dungeons, Raids, and Scenarios forum. Ideally with some actionable suggestions that you think might improve the experience.

It will not gain any traction here.

Bear in mind that there are some changes coming next season that could very well address precisely your gripe.

You can go hop right on Wotlk classic and see that tanks are still soloing everything. To be honest, I can’t wait for Cataclysm classic because the reality is dungeons are going to continue to get instantly rolled and people were just insanely bad back in 2009. You could take an lfr only raider from today, throw them in a time machine back in time, and they’d be considered a world first tier raider in 09.

1 Like

The scaling power of character levels 10-25ish is completely broken in levelling dungeons.

The upcoming changes for season 4 won’t do anything for this situation.

This needs to be addressed.

1 Like

I don’t believe anyone is in the level range to care. The challenge comes at max level with Mythic+ and Raiding.

it’s a horrible situation for anyone making a new alt, and new players who don’t level boost

No, it didn’t.

the most challenging part was when the loot still used a need/greed systems and hunters would yoink all the loot
(i was the hunter)

leveling dungeon scaling might be weird, but its fun when youre a level 10 mage or rsham