Random Dungeon Finder in WotLK

Can we get one last update on this subject. I’d like to know if there’s some movement or it’s a done deal.

A quick dev comment “still no plans” or “we hear the players, and we will look at when/how to readd RDF.” It’d doesn’t need to be a long blog or anything, even that would be fine too.

Something, anything, so I can decide my path forward.

I’m sorry, Quebeast, but that isn’t something that Customer Support would be able to comment on. We have no involvement with game development or content.

If any information that our Game Developers or Community Management might have would be posted in the General Discussion forum for Wrath of the Lich King or posted in a blog on the main site.

3 Likes

I was sure this was the reply I would receive. Which is why I worded this as I did. I am not asking for customer service to make a statement on RDF but a nudge to the Dev team is in order.

It’s not asking a lot. Just a quick one sentence post. Even a Twitter comment. The WotLK forums asking for dev response isn’t working. The in-game ticket system isn’t working.

Someone see’s the devs at the watercooler, nudge them a little.

If I see a Developer in my kitchen I will absolutely ask, but otherwise, it is unlikely I, or anyone in support, will likely see one any time soon.

If they were prepared to make a statement of any kind, it is very likely they would. It is important to understand that the Game Developers do not generally exist in a vacuum. They, as well as Community Management, review the feedback that happens on our Community forums as well as other places like Twitter, Reddit, etc…

8 Likes

Knowing when I am being told to read between the lines is hard to see when it comes to forums.

Are you saying no update on RDF will be coming? Because if they don’t live in a vacuum. It’d be pretty easy to see that RDF is the biggest topic over on the WotLK forum, besides the current plague even and long que times.

Something needs to be said on the topic. Your kitchen is a lot closer to the devs than mine.

Vrak isnt a liason to the dev the only real place to get ur voice heard is teh WOTLKC general forums.

2 Likes

Vrak isn’t able to make someone make a post because a player wants it. More so when it’s above his pay grade. He can do so much within reason and can’t spend most of his shifts making requests base on someone posting on the forums.

2 Likes

Soon.™

When they have an update, they will announce it. Until then, it is still a work in progress.

3 Likes

I’m not asking you to read between the lines, Quebeast. I felt my responses have been fairly direct.

No, I’m not saying that at all. I, nor Customer Support in general, wouldn’t have any information about what updates may or may not in the works. We’d generally find out at the point something was posted, not usually before.

We have no knowledge of any such announcement, or any such plans not to announce anything.

The reason I mentioned that is because the discussion around the subject would be hard to miss. While I cannot speak for the Game Developers or Community Management, I would say they are very much aware of those discussions.

That is absolutely fair that you feel that, but that is not something that I or any member of Customer Support can facilitate. We are not liaisons with the Development team, so we will be unable to reach out to members of the Game Development Team.

Those that are liaisons, the Community Management team, will say something if they are tasked to do so.

9 Likes