Random Crashes since the patch

6534CCE9-B15F-4228-9684-AECBC89FC5E8
Is the most recent error message I’ve received but since the patch hit last week I have been crashing. More recently its happening in instance servers only and Its very frustrating.
I’ve updated my drivers and even tried reinstalling the game. Please help.

1 Like

Same problem. No problems before patch. Getting crashes between loading screens. Game was playing fine at high or good settings before patch.

1 Like

Just crashed for the second time tonight in the same instance, tol dagor.
7BED886A-37D4-4DBF-ADEE-00AB8F85A39A

Hi Judo

There should be a full crash report available in the Wow folder. Let’s take a look at that.

Can you paste the most recent entire error. It will be found in the Main Wow folder > Retail folder > Errors folder. It is a long wall of text. If you have issues pasting on the forum here go ahead and put it up on pastebin.com

Provide the code from the pastebin link - the green bold portion of this example:

https://pastebin.com/**Qk28Ed1P**

my last two crashes, there’s about 5 total since the 20th when I reinstalled

veS9B6NW

vNaBhN46

Let’s go ahead and change the game too direct X 11

In-game the DirectX version can be changed by:

1. Pressing Esc
  2. Select System
  3. Select Advanced
  4. Change the Graphics API
  5. Restart the game client

DirectX version can also be changed out of game through the command line arguments in the Battle.net desktop app.

1. With the Battle.net desktop app opened and WoW selected click on Options
  2. Select Game Settings
  3. Find WoW and check the box for Additional command line arguments
  4. In the new box enter the command for the desired DirectX version:
  • -d3d11legacy
  • -d3d11
  • -d3d12
  1. Click Done to save.

Hey Judo,

Thanks for the pastebin links. It looks like WoW may be crashing in the Nvidia drivers based off those logs. Lets try a few things:

• Try disabling the Nvidia game overlay

• Disable the Battle.net app Streaming by clicking the Blizzard logo at the top left and going to SettingsStreaming → Uncheck Enable Streaming

Go ahead and test the game again with both of these disabled. If it’s still crashing:

Will attempt these suggestions, will update you as the day goes. Thank you for the responses!

I’ve had zero issues since changing those two options. Thanks guys!