Random battlegrounds dont feel Random

When I queue for “Random” BG’s latley its roughly:

1. 45% Seething Shore
  2. 45% Deepwind Gourge
  3. 10% Temple of Kotmogu.

I am wondering if these maps are easier to run on Blizzards servers and are therefore prioritized?

4 Likes

Flip a coin 10 times and report back.

Here a guide to help you out.

2 Likes

Well a few of us have noticed this and the tools/ coding is different than when the game started. I think its likely the memory management and hardware optimization is better on more recent maps so its a fair question.

Hold on, let me grab my tinfoil hat.

1 Like

Don’t do it. you’ll loose significant item level!

2 Likes

Just got out a WSG.

:thinking:

2 Likes

It felt like I used to get Seething Chore and ToK 50% of the time, so I basically stopped playing small BGs since there’s no blacklist (or whitelist) options.

2 Likes

It’s called specific queue.

Accurate it’s usually the same 3. Black list needs to come back mostly everyone minus like 3 people want it back

3 Likes

I would expect capture the flag maps would be the least resource intensive for their servers.

Its good to know that other people are experiencing this too, I would like to see a large set of numbers does anyone know how I might come across such data?

I know some people think this is crazy talk but if I suspect it works like this:

1. A Wow server blade is capable of simultaneously running [X] number of battlegrounds built using tools developed before [X] date.

2. A Wow server blade is capable of simultaneously running [X] number of battlegrounds built using tools developed After [X] date.

X’s being the unknowns

1 Like

No worries, it’s got the right corruption on it.

1 Like

i seem to get ashran and wintergrasp liek 70% of the time over the other two.

1 Like

i did 2 bgs this morning, got seething shore and tok lol

im sure the next one will be dwg or SS again

If people are queue for those bgs and you pick random you are probably going to get slotted in with them. If everyone queued random then it would be random.

1 Like

This is probably due to people (but especially Alliance PUGs) afking out of Ashran / Wintergrasp at higher rates compared to the other two epics. So these 2 bgs seem to pop more often.

X amount of people left the team? Suddenly there’s X amount of spots for the system to fill.

1 Like

why afk out just leave…lol.

Try mercing to alliance and read the futility of their epic bg chats. Makes most people just alt tab lolz. For example and these are pretty much my experience from playing both sides on their respective allegiances.

AV - Horde “Defend IBT need 4-5” “stealth to DB”
AV - Ally " Rush RH", “dont cap sfgy” “get galv” “get TP” “backcap” “go around fwgy” “we have 0 tanks lets rush RH”, “Blitz”, “drop a trainset”, .

Ashran Horde - “Flowers!!!” no need to say much more tbf
Ashran Ally - “Go mage” “Go Roc” “Go woods”, “git ogrez” “grab artifacts”, “cap mid” “Give AA to range (prot pally normally takes it)”

WG def horde - "SR "
WG def ally - “Go SR” “don’t overextend” “use turrets (no one in them)” “got any quests?”

WG attack horde “Hit the flag” “don’t stay back” “push into the WS”
WG attack ally “Go BT” “Get dox” “push SR” “don’t split” don’t stay back" “do we have more than 2 heals?” “Why are peeps leavingz”

IOC Horde - HANGARRRRR
IOC Ally - HANGARRRRR winz or DOX winz or get WS or my favorite “don’t split up, shiat too late” “don’t run bombs (15 people run bombs)” “are there any quests here?”

I may sound like im poking fun at the alliance tunnel vision lemmings, and I don’t mean too because I too believe that there is an innate advantage to being horde in epics …… linear simple strats.

You are not alone friend, I get the same 3 too. It’s rediculous!

they arnt game is progress most of the game are new.i think the alliacne just queue up for those…lol

or blizzard is forcing them on us.