RAMPANT Botting in PVP - CLIPS included

im sorry to tell you this but blizzard doesnt really care about classic wotlk anymore

Yea but you can still do it. PPl are still doing. All you have to do is not use a program that has everyone cast at the same time.

There is this jack off that streams his 2 dks 5 boomkins and some priest leveling together. it basically nukes stuff down.

1 Like

Blizzard at this point solely cares about Dragonflight being successful. They already milked people for the WotLK so don’t expect to see anything new come about for handling bots. After TBC you should come to expect bots as part and parcel of a Blizzard MMO experience. Giving temporary bans for gold buying and win trading. Slaps on the wrist and they’ll welcome them right back.
Imagine if they banned these whales who do go out and buy botting services? They’d lose the box cost on Dragonflight release and a possible sub. Whales don’t enjoy being left behind. If you’re not a whale don’t expect to see any service(s).

I would be on my quad box shammy team getting arena ratings once again using the same exact set in retail if it were allowed right now. But a GM told me in a ticket that it is not.

Also for bots and why Blizzard will never get rid of them entirely.

The huge MMOs that have bots and are free to play get rid of them right away.

The huge MMOs that have bots and have subs to play do not get rid of all their bots.

The most effective bots need to be able to talk in chat, be able to gather and sell in AH.
Those are all things that require an active sub to do. So therefore a bot = a sub. Banning all bots would mean getting rid of hundreds of thousands of subs. No MMO is going to do that ever. Only free MMOs can afford to do that.

(https: //www. curseforge . com/wow/addons/mama-multiboxing)
is basically how they do it now

what’s really hilarious is in Diablo 2 if you bot you get banned within a week or 2. Why? because you already bought the game they cant get you to pay anything else unless they ban you and you buy the game again. Like others have said it’s all about the sub money. Its blatantly obvious.

2 Likes

Ofcouse someone who works for the company is going to say something in defense of it when it comes to why they actually dont ban bots.

And me saying they ban bots on massive F2P games a lot more…

Solypsis proved my point.

Exactly this. Shows where their priorities are 100%

1 Like

Don’t you think it’s a little odd that with everything that came out from former and current employees about the workplace environment at Blizzard, not a single person suggested that Blizzard is keeping bots around for the sub money? Not a single person had accused Blizzard of forcing their employees to lie about the bot situation. Many of those employees were openly trash talking Bobby Kotick himself, but not a single person said anything about being forced to lie about botting.

You can believe your conspiracy theory if you want, free country.

1 Like

You can also go onto Youtube and see actual video proof from multiple sources, some who are blue check verified companies talking about this. And as you said… you can believe your own theory if you want about it not happening when it is a well known fact that it is.

Bots bring money to games when the games require subs. Look at how almost all the MMOs that have subs dont ban bots, but all those that are F2P do ban them? Or how Diablo will ban bots within minutes of them being reported.
Bad business to ban bots on a sub based MMO. That will lose you money.

Bots will never be gone from WoW. They have been in WoW since day 1 of launch. You think they are suddenly going to get rid of them because one poster out of millions called them out? Bots were there from minute 1 of WoWs launch and they will be there until the very last day that WoW is around.

There is something called a NDA that would make people liable for legal actions for defamation and damaging their brand.

Also the fact that they don’t just talk about what their plan for a game is to all the ranks and files. Most employees are completely in the dark when it comes to any department other than their own, especially in a company as big as Blizzard.

1 Like

I want communication. A blue post stating SOMETHING. Are they working on it? is it a manning problem? resource problem? Is it even something they CAN fix? I think the botting merits a proper post.

1 Like

But they will be back within the hour. The are making money off botting so 15$ to getting it going again is nothing.

“I remember back when they cared,” meaning the time when they addressed the bots. I believe they aren’t inclined to now, but never once suggested there was a time when they didn’t. To quote me as saying I remember that, followed by suggesting I said they never took care of bots is contradictory. They used to care, back when it was just Blizzard entertainment. They do not care like they used to. That’s the summed up version of my thoughts on the issues.

1 Like

Nothing damaged the Blizzard brand more than the allegations that were already made. You guys can sit here and claim that Vrakthris and Orlyia are lying but I’ve seen enough from them to believe they’re telling the truth.

I mean… I suppose we can report the bots. I try and report at lest a few each match, since they are bloody everywhere, but if blizzard isn’t going to anything, then what…?

I just did two EOTS and there were bots everywhere.

A NDA doesn’t prevent employees from reporting crimes being committed by their company.

All it takes for them to purposely not do anything about bots is for an executive to say “Don’t put resources in preventing bots”. The ranks and files can question it all they want, the executive doesn’t have to tell them why and they can’t go yap their mouth about it outside of work because of their NDA.

I am not a bot. Merely a bad player.

1 Like