RAMPANT Botting in PVP - CLIPS included

You guys really need to look into fixing PVP with all the BOTS running rampant… check out a few of these clips I recorded. In no shape or form is any player this bad, blind or oblivious to whats happening around them.

It’s quite obvious whos a bot and whos a player… here blizz, have some proof of the BS thats going on right now in the game forcing ppl to quit and not even want to log in anymore.

BOTS Leave flag and run away from it forcing it to reset:

BOTS SCANNING FOR PLAYERS LOOKING RIGHT AT ME (doesnt attack) - TARGETS PLAYER BEHIND HIM (attacks them because they were in proximity)

IGNORING TARGETS HITTING YOU (standing in the middle of everything undamaged)

BOTS Ride Together

GLITCHING and Resetting Pathing of AFK/BG Bots (with stealth)

Proximity Reset ( 5+ bots)

Flag Reset (Stealth Proximity Drop(

This is so infuriating and it makes us feel like you dont care about the situation. Even your reporting tool does NOTHING. I know spam reporting doesnt change the outcome but I do it anyway.

It seems you really dont care about this situation, your more concerned if someone called somebody else a big bad mean name and their feelings couldnt handle it. Get off the social contract high horse you’ve been riding on for the past half year and address the elephants in the room. BOTS & SCRIPTS.

I wouldnt even care if you disabled auto run in BGS to combat this. At this point its faster for me to que in, not participate and leave for the worst FASTEST XP. How would you know whats up when one, maybe two players on each team are legitamate players and just chat and bicker back and forth to each other about how many god damn bots there are in the game and that its POINTLESS to attempt to play the match because there is clearly no one to communicate to.

I’ve been luring bots to the edge and typhooning 5 or more off at a time because hey, I guess thats the only thing to do at this point… or my personal favorite is to sit on a flag behind a wall and pop into stealth when they try to get close to you forcing them to lose target and it sometimes glitches them out or the auto mount up and leave or run into a wall.

PLEASE for the love of god monitor the matches or something and permaban anyone doing this behavior. Never let them touch a blizzard IP in their entire life again.

35 Likes

Yea this is insane, literally would take 1 employee working part time to fix this problem.

10 Likes

It’s shameful how bad they let this get
Actually killing vibes and will of players who care

4 Likes

Best you can hope for is you get less of them. or equal.

then even in AV’s you go well…at leasts its a proper 15 on 15 lol.

Blizzard isn’t going to ban these bots because they are still paid subs. It’s the reason they ultimately allowed multi-boxing. They suffer zero losses from you paying for multiple subs. If they disallow things like multi-boxing or ban bots, those are profits lost. A few players quitting out of frustration for encountering said bots is significantly less than the loss they’d suffer if they banned all those bots.

1 Like

Multi-boxing is still allowed, why is this even being brought up

Multi-boxing =/= botting

Quite literally has nothing to do with botting

1 Like

You misunderstood me. I brought up the fact that they allowed multi-boxing because people buying multiple accounts is profit. That is all I said on multi-boxing. I don’t care that it is or isn’t allowed, simply why they ultimately allowed it, because originally, it wasn’t allowed.

The reason they won’t take action against bots is because they are paying customers. They don’t care about your experience; they care about their profits. They absolutely weigh the scales to determine if you leaving would cost them more than them getting rid of all the paid bot accounts.

Your subscription is not worth banning the hundreds of bots you’ve likely encountered in battlegrounds.

It’s not that they “won’t take actions against bots is because they are paying customers”, I mean come on … are you believing what you are saying?

The more likely explanation is they just simply don’t employ enough people do to the policing necessary. If it can’t be automated it’s too much of a cost for them.

Are you believing that a company like activision, run by someone like Bobby Kotick, is out for your genuine experience, and not for profit? How old are you? I’m not the same teenager I was when I first picked up WoW. I understand the mindset of the man behind the mask. Yes, that’s exactly why they aren’t banning bots. It’s not some conspiracy; it’s business.

5 Likes

Either way it’s about allowing your game to be horrible for the sake of profits.

The only problem with your assertions are they aren’t based on actual facts. If all they cared about were accounts, then the game would be overrun by bots. It’s a problem, but it’s not overrun BECAUSE they do take action.

2 Likes

I was in WSG yesterday and a mage was on the cap with a flag. When alliance went to attack them, we had 4 defenders. They dropped the flag immediately and just stood at the edge of the room.

I hadn’t considered them a bot until I read this post.

The game IS overrun by bots, thus the complaint about all the bots in battlegrounds. The game lives on gold sales, boosts, and the like. If it wasn’t, you wouldn’t be complaining about all the bots. And it’s not exclusive to WoW by a long stretch. I’d go so far as to suggest Blizzard even supplies the gold-farming websites, because why wouldn’t they? They can literally conjure up gold for their own product, sell it for a profit on top of the subs, and then ban a few people here and there for optics. But yes, the reason they aren’t issuing mass bans against bots is because, like it or not, they generate revenue. I was around back when Blizzard actually cared about their product. While they have to care enough to continue to generate profit, this isn’t the same company it was before Activision touched it in all the wrong ways. They don’t sit down and play their product. They don’t bother to reach out to you personally to handle issues, and if you think the issue is that they lack the manpower to resolve these problems, you’re wrong. In fact, they recently laid off a massive number of people because they apparently had too many bodies to deal with these issues, and surprise surprise, these issues aren’t new. Your issue is that you’re arguing from the perspective of someone passionate about the game. I feel for you, because I was there back when I was in my teens. I’m arguing from the now adult perspective of a business whose sole purpose is to generate revenue, no matter what. The only thing a business is beholden to is the law, and even then, they’ll manipulate the system to get ahead. If they didn’t companies like ATT wouldn’t be sued for booting people off their unlimited data plans for the sole purpose of selling new limited plans for more money. Banks like Wells Fargo wouldn’t be opening accounts in people’s names without their consent. In many cases, companies will take up class action lawsuits so they can settle out and go right back to doing what they got sued for, because the profits they gain from it far outweigh any potential fines. In fact, in a lot of cases, fines are capped. So back to the original question: Do I really believe companies would do unscrupulous, even illegal things to make profits? Absolutely, because they do it all the time. Blatantly. Do I think Kotick would? Considering the other companies I know he’s affiliated and his history of unscrupulous things for the sake of profit, yes, absolutely. He has a history of it. Activision knows this history. Has been confronted with this history, and still keeps him on as CEO, happily. They’re no better. This isn’t an issue of naivety; it’s common sense based on historical facts.

4 Likes

It’s bad at the moment, I’ll give you that
But you’re not understanding what I’m saying, if they NEVER addressed bots (like you say they do), the game would be overrun, COMPLETELY overrun. You keep saying it’s like their business model or something with statements like “won’t take action against bots is because they are paying customers”. If that were true … which it’s clearly not, we would have nothing but bots.

That’s why I’m saying it’s such a ridiculous statement really, just insert anything into that statement to see how bad it is. "The reason they won’t take action against [blank] is because they are paying customers.” It’s almost like you actually believe in the 18 years of the games existence they have never taken any action to any accounts because they are paying customers. Make no mistake that’s what you are saying.

You are asserting really, not because they are bots, but because they are paying customers they won’t do anything. It’s just dumb.

Too many layers for me to even start with this statement.

That whole statement just contradicts itself. In regards to how “recent” this was, they have been laying off people for several years now, so it’s been a continual degradation in their ability to handle emergent / changing behavior like bots. It requires people to intervene, which requires their attention.

2 Likes

I’m not suggesting they NEVER deal with it, but I am suggesting they weigh the pros and cons, and unless they risk enough people leaving over it, they won’t jump to take action. That’s why you see warriors getting nerfed, which literally nobody asked for, while bots run rampant. Everyone is going to complain about bots anyway, whether or not they issue waves of bans. As far as you or I know, they’re handling it. But bots aren’t going anywhere, and there’s no incentive for them to actually handle it. Quite the opposite.

As for the layoffs, there’s nothing contradictory about it. They’ve laid people off for years, and bots have been an issue for years. You’re arguing that perhaps there aren’t enough people to fix it, while I’m simply arguing that, from Blizzard’s perspective, they actually have too many people. The fact they’re laying them off is not contradictory to my statement that clearly, they have enough manpower. Too much, in fact.

2 Likes

And bots have been addressed in the past. You say you remember “back when they cared” but I don’t think you do. If you did you would remember the many times they have been addressed. Oh and they had more people working for them back then.

Your logic falls apart here. They have addressed botting before many many many times. Botting will never go away completely. It’s emergent and ever changing. The ability to handle it has gone down. Less people does impact that ability to handle it.

2 Likes

Wish they were all banned… but blizzard see’s that money and is like “nah thats still a good chunk of cash from bots”

2 Likes

They only care about the cave AFKers in AV. All other complaints are null and void.

So where do the Zugs rushing north and somehow dying or staring at Vann come into the picture. Some of those idiots have to be bots.

I’ve been in many AV with more bots than people lately. Usually in the early AM. Just kinda gotta take it with a grain of salt. Blizzard has never been ahead of the curve on bots.