Raise the 2k gold transfer limit

Can we raise this to at least 5k per character so we can move to a different server and still preserve our gold for our epic flying mounts?

IMO they need to make the limit 500 gold.

Reason being they need to remove gold from the system somehow.

4 Likes

I vote that we raise the roof.

4 Likes

Since we’re not getting fresh TBC servers, sure, why not?

You do know it has zero effect on gold, right? People just buy up a bunch of expensive mats and sell them on the new server. Often making gold in the process.

2k gold on a single character is… uhh… not much at all. You can earn nearly half of that, the price of epic riding, by just leveling through questing normally. If you’ve participated in any way with the economy through the AH or just grinding out ZF GY runs or getting paid to boost people or running GDKPs or hell even just running multiple raids a week without wiping and using tons of consumables, you’d make plenty of gold beyond 2k.

2k gold limit really hinders my ability to shift characters off of a PvP realm to a PvE realm without just destroying gold or wasting it on nonsense.

1 Like

True, but non bound items could be deleted from your character on translation and in addition any bound items could be made worth ZERO.

So there are ways to wreck commodities.

I’ve been doing that - have 25K + gold and want to xfer 3 characters from PvP to PvE. Just raising the cap would solve a lot of problems.

I know it’s very easy to make gold, and why I don’t mind departing with 120k.

…then why nuke any of it?

That just makes it super arbitrary and irksome.

1 Like

Reset the economy to a point so that the daily quests are more valuable and so more savagery in the world.

As you can plainly see I’m not without motive. =)

“Make dailies more mandatory” said one person, ever.

Hey, they drive wars! Is it underhanded? Sure, but it get things done!

Disagree.

I have accumulated 1.9kg (across all of my toons, and this toon, alone, has like 700g) all on my own (no, I don’t buy gold). I’m getting sick and tired of other players trying to reset the gold for nothing (yes, nothing) :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

1.9k is not what they are referring to. See above person saying they are trying to move 25k gold.

:thinking:

Ehhh… the best gold farming methods are still not going to be dailies, and people will be doing dailies anyway for a variety of reasons so I don’t really buy this.

Plus, PvE servers exist, which is why I want to xfer in the first place. Phase 2 and funneling into the death corridor of Blackrock Mountain and Ahn’Qiraj was enough for me to never give two craps about wanting to explode some lvl35 Horde. I don’t need 4-5 Spriests all perched on some peak on Netherwing Ledge as I go buy doing one of the many races so they can give me two rows of DoTs, watch me die before I can get close to the ground, and then laugh as I have to spirit rez because my body is still floating in the sky, out of range of normal rez.

Nooooooo thanks.

Trolls be trollin??

Guess so.

Anyway, no to the 500g limit.

1 Like

No one wants that. But no one wants people transferring servers with 25k gold to flood markets with either