Raiding in Classic going to be harder than on Private Servers

Not for herbs to my knowledge. And if i remember right it was a switch they had to manually throw for it to work on mobs

private realms were often blizzlike but not every private server can get it all right, since they didnt have entire access to all the source material so i mean, it will be pretty damn close

1 Like

There are some dynamic respawns, yes but not near the level on the private servers. And it does affect herbs at some level: Dynamic respawns? - #74 by Pazorax-1880

2 Likes

bro vanilla raiding was not hard outside of some naxx fights. when wow was released in china, chinese players used google-translated western guides to complete molten core in green gear with many of their characters not even being 60 yet.

even back in the day when my guild went into mc for the first, and we were teh first group on my server to do so, we didnt have all 60s, we had a bunch of noobs, everyone was in crap gear and we still killed the first boss in a few tries.

this is 15 years later, where everything has been datamined and theorycrafted to the extreme. will msot guild clear molten core in the first month? absolutely not. will many guilds do so? absolutely.

2 Likes

sounds like the problem is your tank is a warrior instead of a warlock

It is.

Just gather a lot of players then you can speed up the respawn rate. I really hope this dynamic respawn to be disabled as the same time as layering.

It wont’ be hard for any of the reasons you listed. The average gamer is way more experienced than they were back then. MC isn’t a dps race. It’ all comes down to the 1 or 2 mechanics you have to do, and then healers/tanks keeping people alive. You’ll probably be disappointed if you think people struggle with MC.

Struggle in MC…Uh no. I think you are the one who will be surprised at how fast these get cleared. Also some people have posted that some stuff is actually quite a bit harder on pservers, and some was easier. Depends on the server. One of the videos I watched, the elites were considerably harder on the pserver. Several servers dodge/parry function so poorly it makes it quite a bit harder. It doesn’t matter though, we all know the boss encounters. There are literally 0 surprises. 1.12 is ez mode…

Yes, but effects lower level starting areas the most, the higher level areas where Black Lotus will be located dynamic respawn (if any) is significantly lower…Go read blue post in full.

Despite all of that, it’s 1.12 so even casual players and low-organized PUGs will be fine.

Also, you raided in vanilla and MC was hard for you? What?

1 Like

What can make classic hard is if the stats for items are 1.12 or 1.1.

That, and, well, ZG is not opened immediately so no bloodvine for casters.

With 1.12 talents and itemization, in addition better player knowledge and overall skill, I wouldn’t expect things to be any harder than Pservers until we start hitting AQ/Naxx, but even then it’s not going to be too extreme, if at all.

You’re cute…

just because rogues and warriors have 3% less crit chance it’s tooootally gonna make a difference…
Parry chance +9 % ? Sure okay Tank is gonna generate less threat overall but it’s still not gonna change anything that back in the days we just sucked at the game and didn’t know anything about itemization.

Private servers had some wrong data? Sure but the mechanics remain the same. We could basically do MC with our eyes closed cause we know very well how all fights are done.

Preraid bis (blue) gear is superior than tier 1 for most classes. Half of the preraid bis for warlock is green for exemple.

Believe it or not, MC is easy. I’d be VERY suprised if Salad Bakers didn’t clear MC first week.

So what hard content have you done recently to compare to Vanilla raiding?

Tools, knowledge, and theory crafting has gone off the rails since 15 years ago.

1 Like

A few of us have talked about this. The conclusion we came to is, the raiding bottleneck was and will always be, fielding a 40 man raid team that arent a bunch of clickers and have a clue.

It will be tougher than Pservers due to the population (pool of players) being half the size and possibly more diluted than what the Pserver folks are used to.

The gear check might be a tad higher, but mechanics were much simpler, players were much worse, and information was very very scarce. Now we KNOW how these fights go, we’re much better players used to harder mechanics and more complex classes. The only downside is we’re now all grownups and can’t farm 8 hours a day to supply ourselves for a 4 hour raid…

The API for threat has aparantly been removed, and that is a difrence, since there wont be accurate threat meters

It depends on your definition of hard. For my guild, which was casual to be sure, it took us several months to clear MC(from when we first zoned in to killing Ragnaros). Most of that was farming FR gear to kill Ragnaros which takes so long for 50+ people. I remember killing Lucifron the first raid and the next few bosses died in the next week or two. It slowed down a bit starting with Garr. We only raided probably 4-8 hours total a week and it took us a long time to clear. I would say our guild was below average to be sure but these fights were not cakewalks for anyone. The first Ragnaros kill was 6 months after launch, now it will happen in first week? The Ragnaros fight is not about skill is about FR gear and getting 40 people all the crafted gear they need to survive takes forever. You have to grind the rep for the recipes but all the gear requires MC mats to craft so you can’t just farm it, you are limited to a certain amount each week. It just takes time, no amount of learning can bypass that.

I’m just waiting to read about pugs who still manage to mess up on “If you’re the bomb, get out of the raid. Watch your threat.”

Early raids, a lot of that stuff won’t matter. 1.12 talents and better itemization, and threat buffs. Mobs will die faster.