Raiding in Classic going to be harder than on Private Servers

I keep hearing people say that raiding in Classic is going to be so easy and MC is going to cleared in a week. I raided in vanilla and it was HARD. Sure, some of that can be attributed to us all being noobs but I and many others theory crafted the hell out of Vanilla and it was STILL HARD. So why then do all these private server guilds have such an easy time clearing these raids, even on fresh servers? Well that’s because private servers were WRONG. We now know that private servers are easy mode and Classic is going to be significantly harder. Lets look at some of the differences that have been uncovered during the beta process:

These are HUGE differences and we haven’t even tested a raid yet! Lets examine each one individually.

-Boss parry chance is increased by 9%

This change does two very important things, it reduces tank threat and increases the burst damage he takes. From what I remember in vanilla there were three main reasons that would cause a wipe(outside of boss mechanics): 1. Tank loses aggro 2. Tank dies to burst damage 3. Healers run oom before the boss dies. This change alone will make 1 and 2 much more likely. If you hit a string of dodges and parries you are either going to lose aggro or die to the burst from the parry-hasted attacks. It can also affect 3 if your DPS has to hold back due to threat concerns. "Wait for 5 sunders" has become a meme on private servers but it was a very real need in vanilla because of the decent probability of getting a string of dodge/miss/parry attacks and losing aggro. This also makes duel wield tanking a complete joke as you will be bursted down in a second getting 3-4 parries in a row with two flurry hasted weapons going.

-Player melee crit chance is reduced by 3%

-Player melee hit chance is reduced by 1%

Lumping these together because they are very similar. This is probably going to be somewhere around a 5-6% nerf to melee damage compared to private servers because 1% crit is > 1% dps increase because of all the crit-based talents that melee classes have. All those meters you see on private servers with a slew of warriors and rogues at the top? Yeah, not gonna happen, at least not in MC. This also affects tank threat further pushing down DPS, especially warriors as they are very threat sensitive due to not having any threat drop like most other DPS classes.

-Black Lotus and other herbs are considerably rarer due to no dynamic respawns

You have probably seen the pictures of 40 man raids on private servers full of people decked out with 20+ buffs. That is not going to happen in Classic, it is simply too expensive. There just isn't going to be enough Black Lotus for every serious guild to get 40 flasks every week. Flasks could be upwards of 200 gold in vanilla and that is way too much to ask 40 people to shell out every single week. Not to mention all the other potions that need to be refreshed after every death. That plus repair bills you have to be spending several hundred gold every week just to keep up. That is just not going to be sustainable for the vast majority of guilds.

I think all these changes are going to add up a significantly more difficult raiding environment than what people are hearing about from the private server community. With that said, I am definitely looking forward to the world first Ragnaros race, I just think it will be a few weeks later than most people are expecting. Cheers!

3 Likes

why don’t we wait until we actually see the raids again before making claims one way or the other about something people haven’t played in its true form for 15 years.

6 Likes

didnt they literally confirm dynamic respawns

Not for herbs to my knowledge. And if i remember right it was a switch they had to manually throw for it to work on mobs

private realms were often blizzlike but not every private server can get it all right, since they didnt have entire access to all the source material so i mean, it will be pretty damn close

1 Like

There are some dynamic respawns, yes but not near the level on the private servers. And it does affect herbs at some level: Dynamic respawns? - #74 by Pazorax-1880

2 Likes

bro vanilla raiding was not hard outside of some naxx fights. when wow was released in china, chinese players used google-translated western guides to complete molten core in green gear with many of their characters not even being 60 yet.

even back in the day when my guild went into mc for the first, and we were teh first group on my server to do so, we didnt have all 60s, we had a bunch of noobs, everyone was in crap gear and we still killed the first boss in a few tries.

this is 15 years later, where everything has been datamined and theorycrafted to the extreme. will msot guild clear molten core in the first month? absolutely not. will many guilds do so? absolutely.

2 Likes

sounds like the problem is your tank is a warrior instead of a warlock

It is.

Just gather a lot of players then you can speed up the respawn rate. I really hope this dynamic respawn to be disabled as the same time as layering.

It wont’ be hard for any of the reasons you listed. The average gamer is way more experienced than they were back then. MC isn’t a dps race. It’ all comes down to the 1 or 2 mechanics you have to do, and then healers/tanks keeping people alive. You’ll probably be disappointed if you think people struggle with MC.

Struggle in MC…Uh no. I think you are the one who will be surprised at how fast these get cleared. Also some people have posted that some stuff is actually quite a bit harder on pservers, and some was easier. Depends on the server. One of the videos I watched, the elites were considerably harder on the pserver. Several servers dodge/parry function so poorly it makes it quite a bit harder. It doesn’t matter though, we all know the boss encounters. There are literally 0 surprises. 1.12 is ez mode…

Yes, but effects lower level starting areas the most, the higher level areas where Black Lotus will be located dynamic respawn (if any) is significantly lower…Go read blue post in full.

Despite all of that, it’s 1.12 so even casual players and low-organized PUGs will be fine.

Also, you raided in vanilla and MC was hard for you? What?

1 Like

What can make classic hard is if the stats for items are 1.12 or 1.1.

That, and, well, ZG is not opened immediately so no bloodvine for casters.

With 1.12 talents and itemization, in addition better player knowledge and overall skill, I wouldn’t expect things to be any harder than Pservers until we start hitting AQ/Naxx, but even then it’s not going to be too extreme, if at all.

You’re cute…

just because rogues and warriors have 3% less crit chance it’s tooootally gonna make a difference…
Parry chance +9 % ? Sure okay Tank is gonna generate less threat overall but it’s still not gonna change anything that back in the days we just sucked at the game and didn’t know anything about itemization.

Private servers had some wrong data? Sure but the mechanics remain the same. We could basically do MC with our eyes closed cause we know very well how all fights are done.

Preraid bis (blue) gear is superior than tier 1 for most classes. Half of the preraid bis for warlock is green for exemple.

Believe it or not, MC is easy. I’d be VERY suprised if Salad Bakers didn’t clear MC first week.

So what hard content have you done recently to compare to Vanilla raiding?

Tools, knowledge, and theory crafting has gone off the rails since 15 years ago.

1 Like

A few of us have talked about this. The conclusion we came to is, the raiding bottleneck was and will always be, fielding a 40 man raid team that arent a bunch of clickers and have a clue.

It will be tougher than Pservers due to the population (pool of players) being half the size and possibly more diluted than what the Pserver folks are used to.

The gear check might be a tad higher, but mechanics were much simpler, players were much worse, and information was very very scarce. Now we KNOW how these fights go, we’re much better players used to harder mechanics and more complex classes. The only downside is we’re now all grownups and can’t farm 8 hours a day to supply ourselves for a 4 hour raid…

The API for threat has aparantly been removed, and that is a difrence, since there wont be accurate threat meters