RaiderIO not showing anymore. It USED to

so I can’t get invited to any raids that use io unless they look me up on the io website. Even though I updated it, downloaded the most recent one from curseforge and can see everyone ELSES’ score, none show on me or my alts in Wow. Their site says There are several reasons why your score might not show in the addon, but these are the most common:

• Your score is not high enough in the current or previous season. We require that players have earned at least 500 points to be included in the database. 500 POINTS FROM WHAT? running M+? Or running H raids? Does it mean getting 12/12 Heroic just once 2 months ago doesn’t count anymore?

Just for the sake of completeness, let me ask… did you ask at raider.io? Because Blizzard has literally nothing to do with the addon or the website.

Asking here is a fine idea to see if you can get suggestions from your fellow players, but your best bet is to ask at the source.

If it want’s 500 points then you have to do M+ as raids only show how many bosses you have killed in RIO

500 points ? up until a few months ago it was 200 score in M+ I believe to show up on the addon. If you donate to them then they will put you on the addon details regardless of the score.

Given the above information, I looked your Druid up. Your highest ever score is 497, and currently you have 84. You’ll want to do some +6 dungeons, each of which should give 60ish points, so you can get above 500 score this season.

Never did.

Well, that’s kind of pay to play. I wonder if Blizzard knows about that.

There is nothing wrong about it. Plenty of addons allow donations and I’m sure some of them have paid features. It isn’t a third party real money transaction for any sort of in-game service so you can’t claim it’s against the TOS.

As for the addon itself…if blizz has any issue with that, then they can put in the effort and make their own. That should have happened at the same time or soon after M+ progress started being tracked in your official armory in patch 8.1. Either blizz doesn’t care about tracking more details through an official system or they are afraid it will offend (for lack of a better more colorful term) the “casuals” out there.

1 Like

That’s quite the stretch of the definition of pay to play.

2 Likes

It is? And why would Blizzard care?

What exactly are you paying to play?

1 Like

Imagine if Blizzard required you to pay extra to list your ilvl in the group finder. It would, of course, be much more difficult to be accepted to groups if your ilvl wasn’t listed, since groups would go for applicants with a verifiable ilvl, so that, to me, would be pay to play.

The Raider IO add on basically replaces ilvl with IO rating. It sounds like Raider IO only lists the IO rating for a lot of people if you pay them. That’s the same situation: you have to pay them to get an improved chance of getting accepted to groups.

I think Blizzard would care because they claim to be opposed to pay to play, and they certainly want for any such pay to go to themselves rather than to third parties.

Rio is not required to pay and all you need to do is get 500 rating. It is not pay to play. It looks more like you don’t like RIO and think you’ve found some way to get it removed, which you have not.

1 Like

I don’t really care about IO, since it doesn’t really matter for tanks.

I do care if the original poster feels obligated to pay a third party, since that money is not going into making the game itself better.

According to their FAQ a 500 isn’t even required.

The addon shows scores for all players who meet the following criteria:
You’ve earned at least 200 points in the current or any previous Mythic+ season or are at least 3/9 for raid progress on any difficulty above LFR.
You’ve logged into the game in the past 30 days.

As for the OP if the addon isn’t working it sounds like you’ve got a setting issue within the addon itself, or somewhere within your profile on the website as you have the raid progress necessary to be tracked per their system/FAQ.

If they feel obliged to pay for RIO that is their choice and has no bearing on anything with regards to their issue with the addon and no matter how many hoops you set up to leap through and stretches you make is not a pay to play system.

3 Likes

I reloaded the game and addon and discovered this trying to get through: PUA:Win32/CoinMiner. I wonder if blocking this is why?

That’s a virus you’ve picked up and has nothing to do with R IO

Your current IO score is 497 (under 500). IO score only counts M+ dungeons and is reset every M+ season.

Do a few more M+ dungeons.

Probably 1 or 2 more in the 2-5 key range that you haven’t done will do, especially if you can time the dungeon.

While true, this shouldn’t be causing an issue. According to RIO they only require a 200+ in current or previous seasons, or 3/9 raiding experience in the current raid tier at a difficulty of Normal or higher for a character to be tracked.

The addon shows scores for all players who meet the following criteria:
You’ve earned at least 200 points in the current or any previous Mythic+ season or are at least 3/9 for raid progress on any difficulty above LFR.
You’ve logged into the game in the past 30 days.

That is directly from their FAQ the link to which is below. It is possible that their FAQ is out of date, but that seems a bit odd.

`https://raiderio.reamaze.com/kb/raider-dot-io-mythic-plus-addon/how-can-i-get-the-addon-to-show-my-score

As for the OP, that is a virus. You need to do some antivirus/malware cleaning of your system as a quick google points out that is a fairly nasty virus.

I’d suggest, after system cleaning, logging into their website and make sure that you haven’t some how enabled (disabled?) your character in the anonymous mode or whatever they call it where you opt out of being tracked. The other option being making a backup of your WTF and Interface folders and then nuking both. After that install only the RIO addon and see if it is working then. It may be an addon conflict that nobody is aware of.

I think checking if the OP had opted out is a great idea and it might be the issue. But checking if his version of the raider io addon won’t help him show up in other people’s data files. Might be a good idea for other reasons.

For example, Player ABC who has never visited the raider.io site and has never used any addon can still have an io score once they do enough M+ dungeons because rio is requesting that info from blizzard independently of ABC. Other players who do use the io addon will download data about ABC when they update their own addons. Its their copy of the addon data, stored on their own pc’s, that determines what they see about ABC.