Raider.io Coming to Base game in 9.1

Glad to finally see this implemented after 5 years. However this means nothing if there isn’t a reward structure to go along with it.

2 Likes

I hope not, it would destroy m+

5 Likes

but people don’t want to do that. that’s the whole problem now. people think “X ilvl = Y key level” and they don’t want to hear anything else. this system isn’t going to make that go away.

1 Like

Let’s hope they can manage it better than RaiderIO does!

2 Likes

Never really had any problems with the way r.io is working honestly

3 Likes

I see. I certainly have haha

rio isn’t necessarily a bad thing, but it becomes a symptom of a larger problem when blizzard overtunes their dungeons with piddly and frustrating non-rewards. It remains to be seen how this will impact the community. The main thing is for people to do the content they want the way they want to do it without frustration or quitting.

• We need a way for low-skilled / ilvl players to complete low dungeons and learn the ropes without a high-level player raging and quitting
  • We need a system that allows people of similar high skill to interact with one another so everyone knows the expectations going in

right now much of the frustration and quitting comes from lack of expectations being met, either from low or high players.

6 Likes

If anything, r.io will still be good for external data tracking, but probably even more accurate now

This is one of those rarities where I’ll agree with metro.

Blizzard certainly has data they can use in their scoring that they don’t provide to their external APIs. It’s time for something better to replace RIO.

You can’t even learn the full mechanics of an M+ key until a 10 my dude. And even then, at 15 the dynamics of things change from there.

4 Likes

As long as it’s not something where people can be all “rate me, bro!” then it’ll probably be okay, crap like that is so easily gamed. You could just be in with guildies or friends and give someone a 1 when they weren’t terrible, while giving everyone you know a great score even though they are, user reviews are about as useful as critic movie reviews on RT.

1 Like

Integrate raidbots into wow

1 Like

Sure, if you decide to play like crap and not learn the fights until at 15 then yeah I can see why someone would think it’s vastly different.

3 Likes

“I can’t think of any other reason” != “There is no other reason”

Your lack of ability to understand other peoples’ concerns does not mean there are no concerns.

5 Likes

I can see it now on the forums…

“POST YOUR M+ SCORE OR YOUR POSTS MEAN NOTHING”

7 Likes

How about I just wear a bumper sticker on my cloak that says “How’s my tanking? Call 1-800-Threat-4-u”

8 Likes

there already is one: they form groups and learn together

4 Likes

Someone’s entitlement is not a concern. It’s a tantrum. Raider io is a skill score which people refuse to accept.

4 Likes

Fantastic news. I don’t like raider io and using their website has always resulted in large amounts of lag. The less 3rd party software I need to use the better.

A welcome change I guess, but it’s not like everyone wasn’t already using it.

3 Likes