Raider.io Coming to Base game in 9.1

I’m just here for the memes

4 Likes

The tool itself isn’t the issue, the community use and expectations are. It can, and is, used both responsibly and irresponsibly. This is ultimately no different than Gear Score being officially adopted as item levels, and functionally it isn’t dissimilar to various PvP ratings that are meant to be used in the same way.

7 Likes

Oh wait does this mean the raider io team is out of a job

Anyway less required addons is a good deal to me. Hopefully people can turn it off if they don’t want it.

1 Like

I feel like this is actually a good thing. No more running off for an addon which was already practically required for Mythic+ anyway.

7 Likes

Correct. I’m glad to see Blizz move this direction. I’ve advocated for a better tool than RIO and I’m glad it’s going to happen - Blizzard should have its own internal data to utilize to help improve the scoring model.

The “RIO is love RIO is life” crowd who swore nothing better could be made can go cry in a corner now.

7 Likes

As i said earlier, i only do low stuff with friends anyway and never subject myself to the pug scene, i don’t really care too much either way, i just think historically we can be a pretty nasty bunch, giving us a way to rank/categorize each other just seems like another thing we’ll handle poorly.

9 Likes

Confused as to what you think is going to be magically better or different about this system? The article even states “they’ve expressed that they have designed theirs in a very similar way to how the Raider.IO Mythic+ Scoring system works.” Maybe I don’t understand the point of your post, but I fail to see how it’s going to do anything you just posted.

10 Likes

That didn’t take long.

Are you kidding? lol, there’s mechanics we didn’t even know existed in the dungeons until higher keys because the bosses died before they did them.

20 Likes

That’s hilariously false

46 Likes

You didn’t run 0s in a group of 150s, did you.

2 Likes

Did anybody like that actually exist? I saw a lot of people claiming they did, but I have yet to actually run into one here or in-game.

Unfortunately I think a lot of people here are going to be very disappointed when they realize that “improve the scoring model” doesn’t mean that the new scoring model is going to reflect how amazing you think you are (I mean the generic “you” here, not you specifically).

1 Like

We did, we were running 0s week one, they were still easy as hell.

I didn’t know half the mechanics the first boss of Mists did until we started on 14/15 tyrannicals

5 Likes

Can’t lie, I have little faith in blizz implementing this well.

We’ll see, I guess. I’d like to be wrong.

12 Likes

Wait, are you responding to me? Lmao, I asked you a sincere question and you just come back with some side-step of the question?

2 Likes

I wonder if they’ll incorporate a queuing system at some point now that we’re getting scores.

At least it gives some parameters now.

3 Likes

Sounds like a horrible idea, but maybe it would work.

Dunno, wouldn’t affect me but maybe it would be ok.

2 Likes

honestly at this point i think they might as well just go for it. inc 10000 “why does your stupid broken group finder keep grouping me with scrubs” threads

5 Likes

The only people who have issues with this are people who want to get carried.
There is no other reason.

There is nothing stopping anyone from making their own key. People do 8s and want to go straight into a 15.

18 Likes

Seems like everyone’s missing one of the big potential implications here: That this is a step that would be necessary if Blizzard had a long-term goal of implementing a solo queue system for M+ (allowing people to work up their numbers and be paired with others of a similar score for the specific dungeon at issue).

Solo queue could be coming down the pike for M+ as a result of this.

Edit: Someone else posted this right before me, ha.

6 Likes