Raider-io .. website updates but not in-game?

Anybody know how to update in-game raider io to match the website logs? Slightly frustrating, please help!

the website appears to update every 1-2 hours, including for recent M+ completion performed by a character, I assume this timeframe is based on the minimum time required for your character’s armory to update the run completion

the addon on the other hand only updates once every 24 hours, I don’t know when during the day (and their timezone) the addon devs actually push the addon with the new updated database to sites like curseforge

3 Likes

Shutting the IO client program down and reopening it usually works for me.

You need to re-download the addon everyday. The addon stores info on your hard drive, so you need to manually update it every time.

1 Like

You can’t. In-game addons cannot make external data requests, therefor the data has to be packaged with the addon ahead of time and stored locally on your computer. Hence why there’s an update for the addon nearly every day, to get fresh data.

The website, on the other hand, regularly makes requests to Blizzard’s servers to get fresh data. Typically as soon as the data is published to the Armory, you can request an update to your character or specific M+ dungeon/realm and it will update. RaiderIO also provides a downloadable client (not the in-game addon) that also uses the most up-to-date data that the website has.

If you have the client installed on your PC, you can just disable the addon, reload ui, enable again, reload ui, and it should be updated.

Why are you responding to an almost 2 year old thread, without even adding anything that wasn’t already included in the contemporary responses…

Necrobump!

Btw Redgun, do you think we will have flying cars by the year 2000?

1 Like

2 years later…

I hope so. We’ll have to wait for Y2K to find out.

this is garbage, i know we offer this addon on curseforge but pls download our extra client to actually make it work also pls donate to our patreon while you’re here.

what are you talking about

Is this becoming a meme that we bump this every couple years?

1 Like

Resurrected again in 23

1 Like

It’s pretty frustrating to have completed the full raid, manually update your character on their website, and update the addon over 12 hours later only for it to not accurately reflect all of the progress made. :expressionless: