Raid vs Mythic+ loot tables

Would it make more sense to allow the ability to choose/change the secondary stats on the raid loot?

These are great changes. Thank you. This keeps the gearing methods in close lock step with each other, giving a SLIGHT edge to those who take the time and coordination to put 20 people together and mythic raid (as it honestly should be). This also prolongs the longevity of M+ viability for gearing thanks to the chest giving multiple options if you do more +15s. Thank you for this!

1 Like

Okay, next bring back master loot and remove the restrictions from personal loot. Even if the item is an iLvl upgrade it might not be great for you and better for a guildmate/friend. Don’t let stupid restrictions gate you from helping a friend.

Being back master loot and remove personal loot restrictions.

1 Like

This is the least they could have done since everything overall is getting nerfed.

This is in no way true, the time to gear and progression (within your own systems) are forced through the raid gearing route. There’s an abundance of character power available in a typical raid week as opposed to a typical M+ or PvP week. The main issue with this system is, that. As it is, Raid gear is going to flood all systems after like 1.5 weeks and be dominant from then forward in all aspects.

In raid progression, you have uncapped pull attempts. You have, effectively, as many “attempts” (this goes away when farm is established) at weekly-chest caliber loot as you have time for…

Here are some numbers to back up where we Were, not where we’re going. I’m posting this to make it public knowledge, if it wasn’t before. I understand the loot changes nerf the total chances for Raid boss drops, but it is still significantly more available if you have the chance to knock over even a boss or two, as opposed to no such pathway for other systems (that rely solely on Tuesday Resets for gear that is now also freely given to raid as an extra, because why not).

M+ is asking for Something akin to this. As it is, there’s a 1-a-week bat swing at anything meaningful (yeah but you have 3 options !). It doesn’t make sense why gear isn’t scaling above 15s, with some kind of loot chance DR (+ other potential gear systems, outlined in this thread above, to keep loot from flooding raid) / loot cap or of 1-dungeon loot lockout (like 1-boss lockout per raid).

1 Like

Agreed

/10char

1 Like

what i meant was that you can’t get loot from the same boss on the same difficulty more than once per week.

Same argument can be used for PvE players. You’re not forced to do anything really, if you want to participate at the highest level of PvP or PVE you’ll do what you can to get all the gear you can, nothing has changed since the start of WoW.

Even at that, PvP as a trash mechanic known as Scaling, which makes getting gear almost pointless in some cases.

I’m not referring to the highest level though. I’m talking about how it has been baseline for PvP players to partake in PvE content in order to feel like they’re progressing. In the 2 expansions before, you could just PvP and not ever have to PvE. That’s where I’d like PvP to be again.

Some people I know who go on PTR and Beta say that they think scaling is gone. Since it’s not in the game currently. If they do have scaling in SL after all the Rextroy videos, I don’t know what to say at that point…

I just want PvP vendors back, the only scaling I’d accept is if PvP gear had 190IL or so, then when zoned into PvP it scaled up to be better than PvE gear. Missing grinding out a full set with honor while having my PvE set as well. Unless they add something to PvP gear to make it better in PvP vs Raid/PvE gear, it’s always going to be required to PvE at some rate to compete in PvP

I think WoD hands down had the best system for PvP gear with it’s ilvl scaling system. Wouldn’t mind seeing that come back.

The Great Vault will not at all capture the same value as having a second roll during a raid and getting excited with my friends when I get that piece of loot I’m after, or by getting a piece of loot from the reroll that’s pre soulbound and thus allowing me to hand off the exact same item if it has just dropped for me from the boss itself.

Please don’t remove fun. Fun things are fun, bliz. This is not fun.

2 Likes

They are not. It’s just a form of end game that CAN reward you over the course of the raiding tier, which is clearly what they meant. The Vault. It CAN reward you the same as Mythic Raiding, just NOT at the same speed which means Mythic Raiding is a higher form of end game.

Yes they do, I only play typically at the start of every expansion until the start or mid of 8.1. They’re selling keys INFINITELY faster then Mythic Raid spots and if you’re trying to deny it you’re living in denial.

Have posted this a few times now, but I keep being looped back into requiring it. there are solutions to this…

Parallel Progression would require parallel power creep. If you’re forced to one game mode to gear up to adequately progress in another, that’s not a parallel progression. (citations below, in longer quote)

So why are you crusading on this if you have plans to quit early?

2 Likes

That is how it should be, then we could have a balanced mythic raid and not a stack 5 of these and 4of them type. And just have mythic raid be cosmetics and mounts, i like the idea

1 Like

False narrative as they’ve already said those who take part in all three will gear faster then those who don’t. You even highlighted where they said it too oddly enough. Regardless of how you try to word it and what not, what they are describing is: Over the course of the seasonal tier these three will gear you equally. Meaning, from 8.0 content launch to 8.1, you’ll end in the same result parallel to one another.

They never once stated that you’ll be gearing at the same exact speed as one another throughout and I think we BOTH know that was the information provided, you just WANT it to be the other way which it never will be, as if M+ gave the same gear in the same speed as Mythic Raiding, people would have zero incentive to go see the hardest part of the game: Mythic Raiding.

Hardest purely due to the need of getting 20 Competent people together, weekly, which most people can only do twice to maybe three times a week, verse 5 people, in which many people can do five, to six, hell sometimes seven days a week since it takes a LOT less effort and time consumption.

I think the point of the OP is that they’re not really parallel if you can’t get the same secondary stats from each.

If raid loot drops less gear that matches your specs secondaries, without a way to adjust those secondaries, the raid path falls short of M+.

At that point progressing down multiple paths doesn’t become optional to provide faster advancement - it becomes necessary.