Raid tiers seems too short

consider adding 1-3 months to each raid tier.

Tbh the only tier that’s actually short is Firelands. Rise of the Zandalari is just a couple of dungeons for catch up gear, so we’re still going to be running BoT and BWD into 4.2, and Dragon Soul is going to naturally have a longer length as they prepare everything for Pandaria Classic

In fact the more I think about it the more it feels like a smart move to make things shorter overall. By somewhat combining 4.0 and 4.1, it gives both patches time to cook without either one overstaying their welcome. Then with the shorter Firelands cycle, it’s going to naturally lead to people still wanting to run it in Dragon Soul in order to get more Dragonwraths for raid teams. This will take a little bit of pressure off of Dragon Soul itself, knowing that it’s a less popular raid over all, to carry the remainder of the expansion cycle

Of course, that’s in a perfect world. The more likely reality is people are going to drop Firelands entirely and burn out on Dragon Soul asap because “Firelands isn’t the current tier anymore how dare you suggest we do old content if we’re bored of the current tier???”

3 Likes

I agree with Nox.

Ppl forget 4.1 didn’t have any new raid so we’ll still be doing BWD, BoT, Baradin and Alakir.

Hopefully they’ll merge Benediction and Faerlina so PvP is more relevant and makes ppl try RBGS so more content.

The pace of the expansion seems ok to me. Maybe firelands could have 1 extra month.

Wotlk suffered of having very long phases. Specially Ulduar… it was too much

people got burned out on it back then, i was running on stormrage during Dragonsoul, don’t remember the guild anymore, but we got Deathwing a few days after the first guild did, and by 6 months in we just called a break till mists, which was another 6 months away.

I think they are going to be to short. In the past they were way to long. A middle ground probably should be found.

But with the “love” I am seeing the staff put in on Cata I can tell its just get this over with… at least that is my impression. Sadly.

I think Firelands needs an extra month (at least). Or some increased loot tables. With the only drop rates a mage can build the lego with with a perfect raid performance after six weeks (Heroic has to be on farm by week 2). And because after week two someone else can start their lego staff hypothetically they’ll have two by the end of Firelands (with perfect drop rates). But average drop rates it’s the full 3 months and bad rates and it’s into 4 months.

1 Like