Raid Rewards Experiments in Season 4

My raid toon this expansion

I’ve competed every boss except Jailer on Normal , Aotc for Sanctum and 8/11 for heroic SotFO.

This was going to be my take it easy and run this toon and it’s sucky covenant in lfr to gear it up for DF to make it my main again season .

I could easily use the vulpera hunter but this season should be about just having fun and not worrying about difficulty .

4 Likes

i honestly think that’s the 3rd side to this entire argument, you just said it so nicely lol (players that just want to take it ez and get the mount)

To be honest it isn’t a case of can’t it is more of a case at this point in this expansion of being "don’t want to " for a lot of people .

1 Like

Or it’s a matter of “could theoretically do it but in doing so would be exposing themselves to stressors and anxiety that will render the entire experience an unfun chore to slog through”.

“Don’t want to” makes it sound like laziness. “Can’t” makes it sound like they literally are incapable. Most players who do LFR or don’t raid at all fall in the middle; capable, but severely unwilling not due to laziness but due to their personalities and anxieties, which makes this something of an accessibility issue. It’s just not seen as one as much as blindness or one-handedness because those are physical limitations that don’t have the same stigma mental health does of “just push through it”.

2 Likes

Terrible decision, especially to be announced so late. Not even remotely the same situation as friendship moose, and i hope the devs will reconsider. Sad to have gotten my expectations up and now i can just safely let my sub expire again in a few weeks

4 Likes

I know that a few mouthy youtubers have said that, but I can assure you that this is complete nonsense.

Current nerfed Mythic Jailer is still far, far, far, FAR more difficult than original Heroic Jailer. And for anyone to claim otherwise just shows how much hot air they’re shooting out of their butt.

I mean… the very notion is absurd.

Why does Fated even exist in LFR then? There is no incentive to do LFR other than story (which we already experienced recently) and special rewards like the mount (which is not available in LFR).

Maybe the WoW dev team could please fix LFR instead of ignoring it, it suffers from downtimes (queuing, dying, wiping), low learning-incentives and leavers:

• Death Counter: If every player would have x lives with each boss encounter and a 10sec respawn timer, there would be a higher incentive to not go AFK too quickly and to learn mechanics (which could be designed a little bit more punishing then). Each determination stack could increase the number of possible deaths.
  • Respawning in front of a Boss after a wipe, would result in less downtime and motivate to try again rather than leave.
  • A fitting lore NPC that should accompany the raid to talk to for boss strategies in a more approachable way than the Adventure journal, including showing all visual effects, sound/voice and screen messages as an audio-visual aid. As well as an emote to let all other players know which ability it is. e.g.:

[(dialog:) What do we need to look out for?]
[(dialogs:) bad ability name choices]
Comprehensive description of the ability [(dialog:) show me…]
NPC casts the ability visuals/animations, yells like the boss and the ability warnings pop up
(emote:) [NPC name] casts an illusion of [ability name] …

• The same NPC should also offer to turn on/off a DBM style aid. It would include distinctive voice warnings from the NPC and other aids during the encounter.
  • Finally the NPC should offer a choice to become an optional NPC tank (and summon a second tank companion NPC if needed), to make LFR a little bit more role-agnostic for lower queue times in- and outside the raid.

I don’t think there will be much friendship slime-cat groups.
Most boosters would want something in return, because it requires to complete a whole raid each, which takes a lot more time, effort and patience than killing a single heroic end-boss for some friendly fun.

There is also less time to get it, since it is a shorter season, with basically a 3 week lockout for each fated raid.

I would have looked forward to the mount as a nice +1 mount collection bonus.
But it is not interesting enough for me to waste time or even gold to act on FOMO. Unless I would be able to foresee a future expansion that adds a playable slime-species or a slimemancer class to fit the mount.
In this case I would be pissed off to not get the cat, just like I did with he Mage Tower artifact tank weapon appearances, which became available for dd roles only after being removed as a reward.

4 Likes

exactly, they pull this off in the only time i dont raid

No LFR Slime Kitty, no Dragonflight purchase. Simple as. What a truly scummy move to lock a community-voted mount behind something that not everyone in the community can participate in.

10 Likes

The community didn’t vote for this mount, though - they voted for the tree.

Which definitely felt weird at the time.

I wonder, if the cat mount was given to everyone at expansion start, and the tree was for season 4 Fated… would there be an uproar?

I’m thinking not.

(I just keep wondering… who were all those people who voted for that tree? Because I hardly ever see it, in-game.)

I feel like a lot more of it hinges on the time limited nature of the mount. This will be the third community vote mount added. One was given to us directly (does it get sent to brand new bnet accounts?), one is available to obtain at any time, this one is limited to 4ish months during a season that shouldn’t even exist. The whole thing feels kind of lousy.

I voted for the cat, personally. Everyone I know did as well. Still feels pretty scummy for the people who wanted the cat and are now likely to miss out on it entirely.

3 Likes

The tree won, yes, but not because everyone collectively voted for it. A lot of people, myself included, did not. I personally voted for the cat. Honestly I don’t know a single person that voted for the tree, or anything else really. Literally everyone I know voted for the cat.

I’d probably be still be upset about the achievements saying any difficulty and them then changing their minds at the last minute even if it was the tree. They still says any difficulty as for right now.

3 Likes

This.

And this.

Indeed.

I just keep wondering… where on earth did all those tree votes come from?

3 Likes

I have an idea. Hear me out.

You people getting all bent out of shape over changes to a “patch” that hasn’t even come out yet. Maybe stop hanging on every datamined thing you see and life will be a little easier.

That isnt datamining. Its data we can access on live servers. The achivs are displayed to the entire playerbase. And the source that he posted is from Blizzard that covers how the patch goes live comming tuesday.

7 Likes

Kretias is 100% correct - open your achieves menu (default Y) and search for fated. Check the fates of the shadowlands raids, then check each achieve - it states in game right now that any difficulity awards ther achievement.

7 Likes

Ah yea, I see that. I find it weird they would add this before the content was out. But even so, considering the patch isn’t live, no one should expect this to be cast in stone. I do the see the point. The hysteria on the other hand, I don’t.

What datamining are you talking about?

The first screenshot is from the live servers. The achievement is already there.

The second one is from a news article on the official warcraft site (link provided).

Did you even read my reply or just angrily typed your answer with the first bs that came to mind?