Raid qualification help

not looking to start any arguments - just a question:

at what ilevel should i be looking to join raid groups without being a drag to the group? Trying to get the 7-10 bosses done for the vault reward.

DPS with current ilevel 189 and not getting accepted - that’s fine if I’m undergeared - but what should be my target if that’s the case?

The guild you are in should help you.

If they do not. You should look for a Guild that does the content the you wish to do.
Ilevel is not the only factor you need to look at.
Able to play at the level you are asking.
Good luck.

I understand the guild. Were working on that - but everything isn’t guild based.

Original question still stands - what ilevel should i be looking to achieve to be accepted for group raids?

It depends on the difficulty. For normal, the generally accepted minimum is 180. For Heroic, 200.

That said, most pug groups will have more stringent requirements because they’ll want their groups to faceroll through the content opposed to treating it as progression. So if a group leader has a choice between you at ilvl 189 and another rogue at ilvl 210, chances are they’ll take the 210. It’s unfortunate, but it’s just the way things work with the group finder for the most part.

I’d look for groups that are advertising as new, or casual, or even yolo (sometimes those pop up). And message the group leader directly when you apply to get some dialogue going instead of just applying and hoping to get the invite.

If all else fails, you can always try starting your own group and building it to your standards. Best of luck! :slight_smile:

Since your looking for a vault reward, I recommend you start mythic + dungeons since it’s faster and higher gear and you haven’t done any yet. You can apply to PUG groups in the premade group finder. I PUG with no set guild team. Run one mythic 0 and you’ll get a +2 keystone in the end chest. Start a group posting your key and they will join.

If you complete one mythic + 2 dungeon, you get an item level 200 piece in your great vault, which is the same item level 200 you would get in the vault for killing three normal raid bosses.

If you complete four mythic + dungeons in a week, you will have two pieces of gear in the vault. The first piece item level will be from your highest run, and the second piece will be from your lowest run.

My item level 180 characters join mythic +6 PUG groups, which rewards a 210 piece in the vault. Although they are healers so easier to get groups.

In sum, mythic + gets you higher gear than raids for the approximate same difficulty. That said, I recommend doing both but make sure you get the four mythic + runs done at the highest level possible.

Lastly, if you beat the timer in a mythic + dungeon, there 2 are two pieces of gear in the chest at the end. If you miss the timer, there is one.

https://www.wowhead.com/mythic-keystones-and-dungeons-guide

I just noticed you are a sin rogue, which is probably one reason your not getting invited along with the relatively low item level. The leaders can look you up in Raider IO. They also see that you have never done a mythic + dungeon.

In mythic + dungeons, outlaw is the second best spec in the game while sin is literally the worst spec in the game. Outlaw is also above average in heroic raids while sin is the third worst. Sin got shafted this expac.

If you can’t get normal raid groups, try to start your own and you’ll always get in if people join. Ask for 190+ in the title.

1 Like

As others have said of you’re trying to pug you will be facing some very stiff competition.
Aside from being an assassination rogue you have no kills in normal and my M+ runs. This screams super casual player who doesn’t know what they’re doing, regardless of that being true or not.
Your most reliable way to get into raids will be to find beginner pugs or get into a guild that is doing normal.

Thank you all. Wouldnt say casual, but not knowing what to do in Raids would be accurate. Its not killing me that Im not getting in, was just wondering if i wasnt doing something simple… plenty to do in the meantime

I recommend watching Hazel’s raid boss guides. If you want to be competitive, you have to adapt and sacrifice fun for performance sometimes. Competitive players do not play the bottom tier worse specs when they have better options. Assassination was the best rogue raid spec in BFA, and it will be good again someday.

https://youtu.be/n_AhA_kGhXQ