That’s fine and dandy, I wasn’t starting an argument dude. You said it was fishy, so I was providing an explanation.
Edit: Sorry Draer, your reply got inserted inbetween lol. Fixed now.
That’s fine and dandy, I wasn’t starting an argument dude. You said it was fishy, so I was providing an explanation.
Edit: Sorry Draer, your reply got inserted inbetween lol. Fixed now.
Have you ever used the website Raidbots before? If you learn how to use that website, you will gain a huge understanding of your character’s mechanics. It might be a bit hard to learn at first but once you get the hang of it, it will be an incredibly useful tool.
not arguing. Just pointing it out. It is much better that he is asking for advice over saying “blah warcraft logs delete it, it’s bad for the game”
Sorry, it wasn’t meant as a reply to you lol. Your post got inserted in between. Fixed now.
Okay, I’ll definitely look into that!
TBF, just a few good players can carry entire teams in Normal even on their alts by now.
If you really want help with your dps, link something else, cause wipe logs and from carapace specifically (earthquake padding) is literally useless for the matter.
I don’t have any other logs from my current gear/spec/rotation. We killed Il’gynoth tonight but I don’t have the log for it, the raid leader does and he didn’t upload it before going to bed.
download warcraft logs. As well as autolog addon. You can upload all your logs yourself rather than hoping someone uploads it for you
EDIT: Just make sure you turn on advance logging on your ingame setting
Yeah that’s what the carapace log is. I just started logging after the Il’gynoth kill
www.warcraftlogscom/reports/QJmkbN31WVPLaFHD#fight=14&type=damage-done&start=26606458&end=27217454&source=166 random shaman with a 99, adjusted the duration to be in line with the same hp of the boss when you wiped.
www.warcraftlogscom/reports/fCwdxV7c8mYMPgq6/#fight=18&type=damage-done&source=35 your log.
now you can compare properly, earthquake is just padding so you can ignore that dmg, but you are low on plenty of other casts dmg, mainly lbolt and storm ele.
I’m not specced for storm ele but yeah I see what youre saying!
damn this is some savagery.
Appreciate all the help (from those that actually helped). I’m gonna be looking into some things and practicing, hoping to get better.
The reason your parse for ilvl is lower then the rest of your raid on the carapace pull is because the higher your in a higher ilvl tier, as you go up in those you have players who put in the damage that reflects that content so at your gear level a little above heroic. As you were the highest ilvl player in your group your ilvl parse looked worse because your ilvl is at a level where optimized characters exist. Also part of it is that your damage IS low for your ilvl.
As to why I don’t know shaman well enough to give rotation advice but a quick inspect tells me your cloak isn’t at a high rank so you aren’t packing much in corruption and your essences are mostly blue which makes a difference. There might also be an issue in stat weights since your stats are super even which is usually not the play.
I hope that helps.
Thanks! Appreciate the help! Yeah, I’ve been trying to grind the cloak as of the last week or so too. Slowly but surely working my way forward. Just a steep learning curve.
Just looking at your logs, it said you only have 12 parses overall is that correct? Was that your first time doing Heroic Nyalotha?
If so I wouldn’t be too hard on yourself, going in without being familar with the encounters very much affects performance. It’s hard to deal with situations you haven’t already seen before.