Raid Loot Droprates Tuning -- February 16

This.

Just undo your mistake. Put the drop rates like they were before (and during the first week of this tier, before you cut them in half).

11 Likes

So no more Batwing cloak Oprah giveaways? :joy:

3 Likes

Oh thank goodness.

I was very much getting fed up with past droprates.

Please never reverse this again.

1 Like

ngl it kinda pisses me off that weapon drops were lower chance than other loot.

5 Likes

When was that?

1 Like

Tell me about it… I am still rocking a 200 ilvl staff on my main. Some of my alts have better weapons (203) from purple calling crates!

I’m guessing this includes LFR? The only clarification was for 10 and 20 man?

1 Like

This is a truly bizarre expansion.

A lot of bad systems went live, despite very obvious, deliberately built-in design flaws. Players called you on it then, but still things rolled out in a very poor state.

Ever since then its been a never ending series of fixes and roll-backs.

The optimist in me wants to believe Blizz had a rough launch due to COVID and is doing an admirable job of correcting those mistakes.

Meanwhile the realist in me is busy reminding the optimist that these bad choices had to be designed, built, implemented, tested, and refined. They were deliberate. And the only reason to desperately try to pander to us now is that those vaunted “MAU” numbers aren’t nearly as hot as they are selling.

42 Likes

I mean why not theres always stuff to do why be so stiff about us getting loot.

1 Like

MoP, WoD, Legion, BFA at least

So they nerf it to the ground then give back a little and everyone is happy?

15 Likes

I’ve got 2 207 rings from World Bosses fwiw

Also people is getting tired of getting 0/10 in loot or 0/13 (if you kill the first 3 on mythic) it’s an absolute disgrace the loot this expansion.

Their systems are more grindier than the HoA neck was. Regardless of cosmetics or not everything was made with the thought of slow the hell down of everything.

I want to switch covenants but just the thought of re grinding 30+ levels with renown levels on RNG it’s just disgusting and pointless one of the many flaws on their systems.

5 Likes

Couldn’t have said it better myself. It’s exactly how I feel. This is on top of already being disenchanted with the direction in which the game is heading story-wise moving away from Azeroth, what we all know and love and more importantly are invested in, and towards what is frankly unrecognizable as the Warcraft universe (because it’s not).

5 Likes

Thank you Kaivax

Now, here’s the question that everyone wants to know the answer to…

WHY WAS THIS NOT IMPLEMENTED -DAY ONE- OF RAIDING?!

Also, be sure to make Timewalking drop the correct amount of loot, considering you nerfed it to have the same drop rate as Castlevania.

19 Likes

Thank you Blizzard for listening to our feedback.
I hope we keep this loot system in the next tiers as well.

1 Like

I mean raid WAS dropping more loot at the beginning and they nerfed it like the following week or something. Then TWing raid was dropping plenty of loot and they did the exact same thing.

3 Likes

Honestly it feels like a repeat of several of the last expansions. They tune things to starve for the race, then they open it up. Everquest used to do the opposite. They’d turn on the flood for the first 2-3 weeks then shut it off once a few people had carrots to show others to chase.

3 Likes

Mop was 5 for 25, wod was 4 for 20 unless you did pl which no one did.

Legion was 4 for 20 under ml as well iirc.

(PL in wod initially had no ceiling or floor, which was funny because you could kill a boss and the raid would get NO loot)