Raid frames for parties in the new UI?

Is there a way to use raid frames for parties just like before? Also, what happened to setting up multiple layouts for different types of content? Please tell me there is either a way to re-implement that or a fix for that is coming.

4 Likes

Yes you can, you click on the party box and then toggle the convert to raid frame.

10 Likes

Much appreciated - thanks!

Is there a way to add class colors as well?

Apparently not. Step backwards.

1 Like

I found it. Search bar at the top of settings and type “class”. Credit goes to Fatpala on the pally discord for the tip!

1 Like

The old raid frame options are still there, but not in a very logical place. If you go to Options → Interface → Scroll down to Raid Frames you can find all the old stuff.

1 Like

They did move the “sort by” option out of there away from the old ones and put it in the edit mode box

1 Like

Is there a way to move freely the window for party/raid frame like we used to b able to with the old UI? When I exit Edit Mode it goes back to top left
 Its kind of frustrating tbh.

its an option in the option menu.
options>interface>raid frames and then simply check the box.

Got to save the settings

there is a way to add class colors in the options.

i think we lost the option of profiles
which is terrible because now have to resort to more addons. Had previously used different layouts based party size. so say 5 man group my frames were bigger and centered-bottom. 6-15 would be same spot but smaller. Then 40 man gropu would be off to the side. Appears all those options are gone for no reason

4 Likes

The feature has changed - the new feature to change to raid frames for party is:
Edit mode > Tick the party frames box > click on the part frames where a box will appear > tick ‘use raid’style party frames’ > then save.

4 Likes